Mirkwood

Legolas POV

I made it home and ran to my fathers chambers as quick as I could worried about what kind of state he could be in. When I walked in I couldn't believe my eyes, my father was laying in his bed pale as ever you could see his veins threw his skin. Looking so breakable Legolas was surprised at the smile that formed on his fathers face when he saw him.

Walking over to him I knelled down next to the bed grabbing his hand. "Ada I'm sorry I haven't been here for you and that it took me this long to get back but-" My father put his hand up to silence me so I shut my mouth.

"Legolas I am so proud of you my son and I have always been proud of you. I love every choice you make in life even if some of them are unnatural." he gave me a knowing smile and I instantly knew what he was talking about. "Ada your going to get better and when you do we'll go visit Aragorn and Angle she can't wait to see you again." Thranduil laughed "Oh Angle is sweet she wouldn't let me leave she kept saying how nice my hair is" Legolas laughed "Yes she did the same thing to me"

Thranduil got serious for a moment. "I know you don't want to take over the thrown Legolas so I have a cousin of yours that will take it as their own and if you should ever want it they will gladly give it back. Legolas frowned "Ada what is this nonsense you are speaking of your going to be fine." Thranduil looked at his son sadly. "No Legolas I'm not I'm going to give in to the call of the sea and join our people in this after life." Legolas felt tears coming to his eyes forcing them not to escape. "I'm not leaving you forever Legolas one day you will join me"

Legolas tried to stay strong but the tears just started to fall. "Ada please don't do this I'm sorry I'll stay here with you and help I'll do anything you need of me just don't leave." Thranduil got out of his bed slowly and grabbed his sons hands. "Me and your mother are leaving tonight and you will ride to Gondor to help Aragorn and Angle in their time of need." Legolas nodded and hugged his father. "I love you Ada" Thranduil felt some tears of his own coming on "I love you to son"

Legolas straitened up walking towards the door "I will make sure your ship is ready before I leave." at that he bowed and walked out. Getting everything in order he couldn't help the numbing feeling that was taking over him. How could his parents do this to him they just sat there and waited for him to come home then moment he does they decide to leave. Looking towards some elves that were sitting by the ships he cleared his throat. "Get my fathers ship ready hurry up." They looked a bit surprised not believing that their king was going to leave.

Taking off towards the stables Legolas grabbed his horse that still hadn't been unsaddled since he had just arrived back home not to long ago. Walking with his horse over to the port he watched as his mother and father came into view saying goodbye to their people. Stopping in front of Legolas they both smiled "We are so proud of you our son you fought in a war and helped a friend threw the tough times of losing a loved one." Legolas' mother pulled him aside for a moment smiling. "Legolas I know you are going to find someone to love and be loved back." Legolas smiled "I know mama but I actually already love someone but they don't love me the same way." His mother smiled. "I think he will love you just give him time." after that said she walked away and onto the ship. Legolas stood there and watched the ship until he couldn't see it any more sighing and whipping away some tears Legolas got on his horse and road of towards Gondor.

It takes 7 days to get to Gondor from Mirkwood if you make stops alone the way. Legolas was on his fourth day now and still felt full of sadness. Each day he would feel colder and start to numb and today he felt lifeless. It wasn't good for Elves to feel this much sadness it could cause some of them to die and Legolas sure felt like he was. Every time he got to bad he would think of Aragorn and Angel waiting for him in Gondor and it would lift his spirits a bit. Legolas was near Rivendale by now and sighed thinking of how Elrond must feel no longer having a daughter and knowing that when he travels over sea his daughter may not even be there due to her being murdered. Suddenly Legolas could hear horses and quickly put out his fire. Hiding his horse he quickly climbed a tree and sat bow ready.

Figures came into view and he sighed it was Gimmlie and Gandolf. "Legolas we know you are there why don't you come out and talk to us." Legolas still stayed planted in the tree he didn't want to talk to anyone he just wanted to be left alone. "Legolas come down here" Legolas looked and saw Gandolf starring at him. "No I want to be left alone go away" Gimmilie grumbled. "Is something wrong" Legolas felt anger jumping down he frowned. "I'm clearing my head leave me alone I don't want to see anyone got it" He grabbed his horse wanting nothing more than to leave. Gandolf frowned. "Legolas it's not smart to be traveling such a long distance alone." Legolas laughed "I've done it before I'm sure I'll be fine." Gimmilie grabbed at Legolas "Come on let us accompany you" Legolas pulled away "Don't touch me I'm fine"

Getting on his horse quickly Legolas took off as fast as he could. Legolas didn't stop till he was far away from Rivendale. Looking at the sky Legolas noticed he must have been riding all night because the sun was ready to come back out. Deciding to just keep going because he probably cut a day off his travel he hurried to Gondor. The next afternoon Legolas found himself outside of Gondor and smiled feeling himself brighten a bit. Quickly hurrying to the castle then dismounting and grabbing his things he saw Angel dancing around outside. "Well if it isn't the princess of Gondor her self" Angle spun around smiling. "Uncle Legolas your back you have been gone forever," Legolas laughed "I'm sorry did you miss you" smiling she nodded "Yes I did and so did daddy, hurry up lets go surprise him"

Legolas smiled fallowing the little girl to the study, Legolas felt ten times better already. Bursting into the study Aragorn didn't even look up to focused on the paper in front of him. "Daddy look who's here." Aragorn looked up and smiled. "Legolas so good to see you again what are you doing here." Legolas sighed working through what he was going to say. "Both my mother and father decided to go to the sea and they told me to give up the thrown and come here to help you and Angel" Aragorn frowned knowing how Legolas must feel pulling him in to a hug Aragorn sighed "I'm sorry Legolas" Legolas started to cry letting all go now that he was in Aragrons company. "It hurts so much, I don't understand why they left. I should have been there for him helped him before it got to this point it's all my fault I disappointed them so many times."

Aragorn held Legolas tight to him smoothing down his hair. "Shhhhh none of this is your fault your parents love you and support every dissuasion you make you never were a disappointment don't you ever think that. I don't understand where this is all coming from" Legolas laughed "My father use to tell me I was messed up that there was something wrong with me that I wasn't the son he wanted I was more of a daughter. Yes he was proud when I first picked up a bow and arrow. He had finally thought I was going to be the son he wanted but then I wasn't partying with girl elves or hanging with all the the guys. He sent me away to Rivendale and that's when the fellowship was formed. When I came back he was so proud then he noticed I still didn't change but he accepted it but now I lost him and I don't have to worry about disappointing him anymore because he accepted everything about me before he left."

Legolas sat down on the couch pulling his legs up underneath him. Angel finally moved away from the door and ran over to Legolas getting on the couch and wrapping her arms around him. "It's okay uncle Legolas I love you don't cry you have me and daddy we both love you." Aragorn smiled sitting down "Yes we do and we are always here for you" Legolas sobbed and looked at both of them "I love you both so so much." They all sat there for a long time till Angle finally broke the silence with a giggle "Can we go play now" Aragorn and Legolas both laughed as they stood up and chased the little girl around the room.