The War

The first year of the war has got to be the easiest they all had it. Aragorn and Legolas only ran inot a few groups of orcs and they werent that skilled. Boramir joined up with them and so did the hobbits, Gandolf, and Gimmilie.

Aragorns POV

It was always extremely hot out during the day then cold at nite, it was quiet strange not the normal weather. Boramir seemed to be hiding something from me ever since he joined the group. Some days he reminded me of Arwen before she had gotten murdered with the mood swings. Always jumpy and moody, freaking out over nothing and giving everyone a hard time.

"Boramir is something bothering you?" Boramir spun around and looked at me with what was that hatred I detected in his eyes why was he being cold towards me. "It's none of your damn business little brother I can handle it just leave me be." I walked away a little hurt how could my brother be so cold I haven't done anything to him.

"Don't worry he is probably just worried" I looked over at the voice and smiled at Legolas it always seemed like he knew when to jump in. Suddenly a thought came to my mind and I grinned at Legolas. "Hey do you think you could talk to Boramir for me he seems to have a bit of a better temper with everyone else than me." Legolas looked at me for a second and just when I thought he would say no he flashed a smile. "Well I can try but I can't guaranty he'll listen to a thing I say to him." I knew Boramir was stubborn but I have faith that maybe Legolas could get through to him. Legolas turned and walked away from me to the end of the group.

Legolas POV

I didn't know what good me talking to Boramir was going to do but if it set Aragorn's mind at ease than so be it. Looking back I see Boramir walking behind everyone else keeping a distance between himself and the others. Sighing I turned and walked to where he was not knowing what I was going to be in for with this man. "Boramir Aragorn is really worried about you he wants to know whats wrong." Boramir turned on me "Know what elf I don't care what my brother wants to know like I said before I'll say it again it's none of his business and its none of yours." Getting mad at the tyrant in front of me I tried to keep my temper in check. "What are you hiding Boramir what has you so on edge to the point you don't want to talk to your own brother."

I watched as Boramir took a shaky breath as I thought he was going to give me some answers he started to laugh. "Ah my brother I never could stand him he was always the favorite he always got his way and I was always left standing in his shadow. The first born is supposed to be king but instead it got handed to him. Aragorn has every thing he has a family and friends that care about him, what do I have nothing."

Legolas looked sad for Boramir. "Well you had Arwen for some time" Boramir smiled. "Oh yes what me and Arwen had it was special but then she got pregnant and called it quits."

Aragorns POV

I fallowed Legolas a bit but stayed a distance away from him and Boramir. Listening to the whole conversation going on between them I couldn't help but frown when I heard what my brother said about me that he could never stand me it hurt hearing that when I thought we were so close. The next thing I heard shocked me and my eyes went wide. Arwen and Boramir did have an affair together and I assumed Legolas was lieing but now I find that he was telling the truth. Now I understood what was bothering him so much he had to lose Arwen twice first to me then to her murder. Deciding to keep it to my self rather than fight with my brother I moved back to the front of the group.

That night the group got ambushed by a pack of orcs while they were resting. The group had improved their skills greatly since the start of their journey but there was just to many coming in all directions. They fought them off and lost a few soldiers in the process.

The second year of the war was hard it was as if the orcs knew every skill and every move they were going to make before they themselves knew. Sam died early that year he had gotten sick and nothing we did was able to cure him and when a group of orc attacked he was nothing against them. Frodo was a mess over the whole ordeal even tried to kill himself once or twice but something always stopped him. Aragorn and Legolas knew they would be the same way if their friendship was ended by blood. Boramir of course has gotten worse that he pretty much stayed quiet and away from everyone no one even knew he was there most of the time.

Aragorn got injured badly during one attack almost died if Legolas hadn't come and helped him. It started to seem like every time you killed one orc five more appeared, by the time the year ended and the third began every one seemed a bit moody.

Aragorns POV

Finally one night bringing the affair up to Boramir he tried to deny it till I told him everything I heard him and Legolas talked about two years ago. Boramir just brushed me off walking away not wanting to talk to me and I let him go for a while. Every day I would try to bring it up to him and get him to talk but he would either try to change the subject or just ignore me. Getting irritated I finally just dropped it knowing all I was doing was upsetting him and myself.

The orcs continued to come everyday and I was getting tired and hungry feeling like I couldn't take it anymore. Once again we got attacked by another group of orcs while we were trying to rest but this one was even stronger than all the others. In a split second everything fell apart I watched as Boramir got stabbed right threw the stomach with a sword. Boramir continued to fight off all the orc he possibly could and I quickly made my way over to him. When we finally fought off all the orc I ran to Boramir to find him laying on the ground. "Boramir listen to me can you hear me?" I saw his chest still rising and falling and could hear his breathing but barely. Suddenly a smile crossed Boramir's face, it was a sort of evil smile unsettling really. "Little brother how can you still sit here next to me and feel sorry for me when you know what me and Arwen did. Yes it's true we had an affair but there is something else I want to say to you."

Confused a bit by the look on Bormair's face and the way he was talking I stayed silent listening to his words. "When Arwen ended our affair I went crazy I wanted you and her to both suffer. So I waited till you had your child and my first plan was I was going to kill the baby I knew it would destroy both of you but yet I wasn't sure if the child may have been mine so I wasn't going to harm her. The second plan seemed to be the best I watched the regular routine that went on around your castle and waited to take out my revenge. One night I decided it was time so I went to the gardens and waited and waited for your wife to come out and when she did I took my dagger and planted it right into her stomach, then stabbed her in the chest and slit her throat. I threw her carelessly into the bushes like the trash she was then left."

I knelt there stunned not being able to say a word trying to process everything in my mind. "Why?" was all I could say. Boramir laughed "I wasn't going to let you and her play happy family after I wasted all that time on her." I had a heard enough with great anger and grief I took up my own sward and plunged it into Boramir's chest watching as the life left his eyes. Legolas stood behind me with his hand on my shoulder. "Aragorn" I looked up feeling the tears come to my eyes I just killed my brother I should feel horrible about it by I don't I feel relieved. Legolas pulled me into a hug and I cried I cried for Arwen cried for my daughter and cried for my evil brother. When I was finally able to compose myself we moved on. No one did anything special for my brothers body like we did for others that had fallen he wasn't worth it. Days passed and the war had finally ended the orcs backed down tired of fighting knowing that in the end they would lose. Everyone parting going their suppurate ways me and Legolas smiled at each other getting on our horses after a few days rest making our way back to Rivendale.