Chapter 18: Preparing

me: AND! i am back! chapter 18! just 2 more chapters and this one will be done!
Jay: have you finished season 9 yet!?
Me: yes! yes i have! the animation change still makes me furious, but i cant wait for Legacy (season 10)
Kai: what are you going to do. the next 2 chapters are fight scene filled.
me: shhhhh... we dont need to remind the over worked stressed out 14 year old fanfiction writer that is still writing for a kids show...
Zane: just ask your friends for help.
Me: my friend isnt in the fandom anymore...
All: NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
Me: hey friends on wattpad! if you know how to write fight scenes hit me up!
Jay: what have we said about breaking the forth wall!
Me: haha... sorry... alright so chapter 18, i wont keep you waiting any longer.
Zane: she doesnt own ninjago but she owns the story and her ocs
________________________________________________________________
Chapter 18: Preparing
All the ninja were getting ready and strategizing for when they will have to fight the Dark Six. They were working with their opposite element pairs on the ground. Jay working with Cole, Kai working with Zane, and Lloyd working with Nya. Nya was still new at her elemental powers, so she mainly worked on physical combate. She was hoping that Lloyd would be able to use his powers while she fought them physically.
Wu had taught the ninja what they had to do to their powers to resemble their dark counterpart, so that when they practiced against each other, they would have a basic idea of what they were truly up against.
In Jay and Cole's fight, Cole was using the darker power at the moment. He punched the ground, creating spiked rocks to start popping up. Jay doged these and shot a lightning strike at them, causing them to crumble. He shot a Strike of lightning using the dark energy at Cole, whom was not prepared for this, but shot a blast of his own energy at it. These strikes hit and disappeared. They engaged in physical combat for a time then got back to the elemental battle.
Zane and Kai were also fighting. Kai refused to use the dark fire attack in fear of his dark side, so he was fighting against Zane and his imitation of the dark ice. Zane wouldn't give Kai a moment to rest between attacks, practicing for when the Dark Six needed to recharge their weapons. Kai was getting tired out by this. He agreed with the strategy, but feared he wouldn't be able to keep this up for long. Finally, Sensei came over to the two and stopped them.
"Kai has been doing this for to long now. Give Zane a chance to practice against dark fire." Wu told them. Kai looked scared.
"But Sensei, what if... i don't know if...what if i can... control... "
"Don't worry Kai, it is only an imitation. Just don't let your mind wander to any of the things that make him take over and you will be ok."
"If you say so." Kai spoke nervously.
Kai started using his dark imitation against Zane. Their fight continued on like this for awhile.
Unlike the others, Nya and Lloyd were not fighting, but training. Nya was trying to work on her power, and Lloyd was helping and practicing his own. Wu soon walked over and started to train Nya. Lloyd was lost in thought, thinking about their last battle between them and the Six. He remembered how Lucas was able to drain his energy, and decided to figure out a way around that. He decided to go up into the bounty and work on a training course, but he set it to the highest level difficulty. His goal, don't let any of the things hit him. If Lucas couldn't catch him, then he couldn't drain his energy. This went on for about an hour before the others realized that Lloyd was pushing himself to hard and stopped him.
"Wow Lloyd you need to take a break. You have been going at this for far to long! For crying out loud look what you did to the course! I mean don't worry its nothing i can't fix but..." Jay started.
"Alright Jay we get it!" Kai interrupted checking to see if Lloyd is ok. "You all good bro?"
"Ya. I just kinda got lost in the moment while training. I was trying to keep the course from touching me so that i could be ready for when Lucas tries to drain my energy again. Come to think of it, did any of the others do that to any of you?" Lloyd asked.
"No i don't remember any of the others draining energy, but it makes sense. He is the element of dark energy and though their powers are artificial, Lucas would still be able to do that." Zane stated.
"Well let's rest and be ready for the fight."
________________________________________________________________
Me: ok how do you like it?
Kai: your getting better at fight scenes.
Cole: its almost as if this chapter was just an excuse to practice...
Me: SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
they dont need to know that!
Nya: ok then... isnt there something your forgetting?
Me: OH YA! THANKIES SO MUCH FOR 50 FOLLOWERS.(57 now)
Jay: congrats fam!
me: i still dont know how you people are able to put up with me and my cliffys for 25 years!
zane: only 2 months
Kai: she is over exagerating zane.
Zane: oh ok!
Me: well the next chapter is called journey. THANKIES!