Chapter 5

AN: hello please review, thank you. Also, I own nothing that you recognize and the bold is @writersblock039

Couch: Sara Oliver Kara Alura

Loveseat: Roy Mia Thea

Couch: William Ruby Sam Lena

Couch: Alex Samantha felicity

Couch: Slade Malcolm black siren

Loveseat: Laurel Nora

Slade got to his feet, approaching Oliver cautiously. "What brought you back to the island?" he asked.

"Like I said," Oliver looked at him as he unlocked the cell. "I need your help"

"What the hell's going on here?" a voice from behind said.Oliver turned to see the ARGUS guard on duty approach.

"We have a problem, and I need you to get off the island," he answered.

"Why do I feel like he won't," Sam said.

"Because he's a government agent and is stubborn," Kara said.

"You mean dedicated," Alex said.

"Yeah let's go with that," Kara said.

"I'm not going anywhere," the guard shook his head, glaring at Slade. "Neither is he."

"I'm taking him, and I'm taking Digger Harkness," Oliver shook his head. "There's an ARGUS supply boat that is docked on the eastern shore. You take it, and you go."

"I'm not abandoning my post!"

Oliver just barely refrained from rolling his eyes. "Suit yourself."

With one sharp movement, he had knocked the guard out, sending him down the hall. He heard the door click behind him, and he turned as Slade let himself out of the cell, still looking at him cautiously.

"Would you like to explain what's going on?" his former friend asked.

"I'd like to talk about you for a minute," Oliver looked him over. "You seem - "

"What, in possession of all my marbles?" Slade raised an eyebrow. "The mirakuru wore off a long time ago, kid. I mean, I remember everything that happened. I'm not trying to escape that . . . but it feels like some bad dream"

"Do you feel that way right now?" Oliver asked.

"Well I don't want to murder you all so I would say yes," Slade answered.

Oliver nodded slowly, and Slade took a deep breath. "Now,
regardless of my sanity . . . why do you want to help me after everything I've done?"

"There is a man here named Adrian Chase," Oliver answered. "He's holding my friends and my family hostage, including Thea . . . and my son."

Slade blinked. "Since when do you have a son?"

Oliver groaned in annoyance. "Slade, are you gonna help me or not?"

Slade gave him a pointed look. "I think I'm stating the obvious when I say I killed your mother, and for that alone, you should have killed me."

"Maybe what's happening now is the reason I didn't,"

Oliver walked forward, handing over a flash drive. "This is all the intel that I've been able to gather on your son Joe, including his present whereabouts."