Chapter 10

AN: hello my friends I'm back so here you go

They watched as the screen lit up with the next video.

In the control room

"How'd it go," Ruby said.

"Well I think that Thea and Alex are conspiring to get Kara and Oliver together with Felicity and possibly Sara," Zari said.

"So normal then," Ruby said.

"As normal as it can be on this station," Zari said.

"Hey I need you to go distract Barry, if he knew what we are doing he would stop us," Ruby said.

"You got it," Zari said as she headed out of the room.

Thea eventually started walking ahead of Malcolm, trying to keep her tears at bay. She brushed off Felicity's attempts to speak with her, felt Malcolm's eyes on her, but she didn't say anything.

"Hey," Kara whispered as she caught up to her. "Do you need to talk?"

Thea blew out her breath, recalling Kara's earlier words. "Honestly . . . I don't even know how I feel right now," she confessed, walking further ahead so they were out of earshot of Malcolm. "Twenty-four hours ago, I couldn't even think of Malcolm without wanting to scream, and now . . .
I've never been more grateful that he's alive. Is . . . is that insane?"

"No," Kara shook her head. "He's your father."

"He manipulated me, he lied to me, he - " Thea swallowed. "He got me to kill my friend's sister.

"Me!" Sara yelled.

Kara looked at her strangely and said "okay we will come back to that later."

I . . . how can I be grateful he's alive when I have hated him so much?"
Kara kept walking for a few moments, then put her arm around Thea.

"When I first became Supergirl, I was fighting escaped prisoners my mother put into prison," she told Thea. "Two of those convicts were her twin sister, my aunt, and my uncle. Non could have cared less for me, but
deep down, Astra wanted us to just be family. She fought me, she threatened me, threatened those I loved . . . and when something stuck itself to me, caught me in a dream world where I had everything I ever wanted, she told my sister about the creature and possibly how to help me
escape it. And just hours later, Alex stabbed her in the chest." Thea's eyes widened, and Kara smiled sadly. "Maybe Malcolm hasn't been a good person, maybe he used to be an even worse father, but family always loves you in their own way. By stepping on that landmine, he proved
that. I think today, you got to see the father he could be. Give him the chance to have that with you."

"Damn, how are you so cheery," Roy said.

She just shrugged and watched the screen.

Thea smiled through her tears, leaning into Kara, the alien giving her a hug. "Thank you," she whispered.

The moment was ruined by Curtis running up to them. "The plane, boss, the plane!" he said in a growly voice. Kara and Thea stared at him incredulously, and Curtis paused. "Reference too dated?"

"Do you really think that's the reason," Thea asked.

He shook his head and turned back to the screen.

"Where is it?" Malcolm interrupted.

Curtis gulped and ran on ahead, the others following.