29

"AHHHHH DADDY WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO KAYLEIGH!!!"

Oh my god. Why is she home

Daniel jumps off me and puts the bed covers on top of both of us

"Oh hi Rae um why are you here so early"

"It's 6 o'clock now what were you doing to her"

"Um um"

"Me and daddy were playing a game" I interrupt

"Why was he naked"

"It's a funny game. Every time you lose you take something off. Normally it's just a point but your dad didn't understand so he just kept taking his clothes off"

"why was he on top of you though"

"The game was to find something I was hiding and I was hiding it behind my back and he was trying to see... and he was trying to distract me by kissing me"

"Ohhhhh I get it. Daddy's dumb"

"Yeah very dumb right Dani"

"Yeah I'm stupid"

"It's okay though now did you have fun at school" I ask while under the covers I put my clothes on

I successfully put everything back on and pull Rae onto the bed

She sits on my lap and starts talking about her day

As she talks I subtly tell Daniel to put his clothes on

It works and we are safe from any more questions

"Will I get a baby step brother or sister?" Rae asks out of the blue

"Huh" Daniel says shocked

"Will I get a baby step brother or sister? Cause I know Kay Kay wants a daughter or son of her own"

"Rae that's not true i am perfectly fine with you as my daughter"

"Well of course but don't you want one that came out of you"

"Maybe but I also like you"

"Well I want one so pleeeease."

"It's our decision you know" Daniel says

"Hey if she wants a step sibling I'll give her one"

"We'll have to talk about this in private"

"Oh um okay"

"Rae can you go get ready for bed"

"Okay goodnight daddy. Goodnight Kay Kay" she hugs us and leaves the room

"Do you really want a kid" Daniel asks once she leaves

"Well of course"

"But I mean we have Rae"

"Yeah but I realized I never saw her grow up. I never heard her first words, her first steps, her first anything. I really want that."

"Well I can show you videos and tell you stories about all that"

"I guess but I mean my dream since forever was to have a child of my own."

"Technically once we're married you'll be her step mom so you will have a child of your own"

"Yeah but it's the small things that count. She'll never call me mommy or mom or whatever. She won't have that parent-child connection with me. And I really want that. Why don't you want one?"

"It's just when I had Rae me and my ex's relationship went awful"

"But I'm not like your ex. I've only drank like once I don't even like alcohol. I won't do what she did"

"You don't know that"

"Yeah I do. Trust me I won't become her. I just want a baby of my own. And Rae wants to be a sister. I mean it's a win-win situation"

"But what about me"

"What about you?"

"I always said I only want one child"

"And I always said I'd never marry or date someone with a kid and look at me now I'm in love with someone with a kid who I love. Life and love is all about compromise. I'm not saying right after the wedding we have to have a kid I'm not even talking about a year or two into the marriage I'm just saying eventually I want to."

"I'll think about it okay"

"Okay I love you and I want a baby with you it will look so cute"

"I guess"

"Think about it. They'll definitely have your eyes it will be perfect"

"Okay yeah they would look really cute"

"Especially if it's a boy"

"Say no more"