• Chapter 3 • Dinner •

After Ian and I's little heart to heart, Fiona runs down the kitchen stairs with a fancy dress on, heals clicking on the floor loudly and small purse in her hand

After Ian and I's little heart to heart, Fiona runs down the kitchen stairs with a fancy dress on, heals clicking on the floor loudly and small purse in her hand. V then walks through the back door in the kitchen, also all dressed up.

"You're alright looking after the kids tonight, right?" Fi asks, "zip me up?"

I walk over to her, Ian in tow, and she turns around allowing me to zip up her dress, with the help of her holding her hair to the side "Yeah of course, you look nice, where you two headed?"

"Hey! What about me?" V sassily asks gesturing dramatically to her dress.

"Oh I thought you looking fabulous was a given! I didn't think I had to say it!" I laugh.

"You are definitely my favourite Gallagher!" She playfully pushes me away with a laugh.

"Hey!" Ian and Fiona gasp in mock offence, making me chuckle.

"And we're going clubbing," Fiona tells me, adjusting her hair slightly, "we'll probably be back late, so don't wait up, and there's dinner from Candi in the fridge, just needs heating up."

"Okay," Ian smiles, "have fun you two," He waves slightly at them.

"Don't do anything Frank would do." I point at them with joking serious expression.

"Ugh wouldn't dream of it." Veronica pretends to shiver in disgust.

"Do what Veronica would do," I laugh, "anything and everything else."

"Hah, you got it baby!" V cackles.

"Now come on," Ian urges, "get out of here, go have fun."

"Alright, alright," Fiona says in surrender giving him and then me a hug. "No more dealing." She whispers into my ear as she embraces me.

She knows that I know what I did was bad, and she also knows that getting arrested and having the scare that Carl might have found out, and knowing I've worried and scared everyone, let alone disappointed them, is punishment enough for me. I won't do it again. I can't. I promised Ian.

We pull out of the hug and I nod and tightly smile at her, "bye, see you later."

"See ya." She waves, walking out with Veronica.

The door slams shut behind them and Ian flicks the lock since its beginning to get dark out.

"I'll start heating up dinner, I assume you want to see Carl." Ian smiles at me, opening up the fridge.

"Thanks Ian," I smile widely, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek before running upstairs, straight to Carl's room.

He's sat on his bed, surrounded by beheaded, old, broken Barbie dolls, that I'd found in a dumpster on the Northside, messing about with one in his hands.  Oh, I love this little weirdo.