• Chapter 14 • Hopeless •

Steve did end up telling Fiona

Steve did end up telling Fiona. with me standing there to make sure he told her the whole truth.  To say she was pissed would be an understatement. Her reaction was similar to mine, she actually slapped him which surprised me. I'm normally the more violent one.

So Steve, freshly brandished with a dark bruise under his left eye and a bloody lip, devised a plan to fix his mess.

"Okay follow me everyone." He says and we all follow him outside. An RV is parked outside our house, and a guy with a man bun opens the door of it.

"What the hell is that?" Kev asks as he pulls on his coat.

"Our ride." Steve tells him.

Kevin scoffs and him, Steve, Veronica, Fiona and I go inside, "there's no fucking way I'm driving all the way to Toronto in this piece of shit."

"Take turns driving, watch some movies on the flat screen, make mojitos, sleep." Steve points around the inside, speaking like he's trying to sell the damn thing, "we'll have Frank back by morning."

"Yeah, and how are we supposed to get him across the border without a passport?" Kev asks him.

Steve nods towards the random guy, "go." He starts leading us to the back of the RV.

"Get through customs in this before?" Kev questions.

"Couple hundred times." The man replies.

"Oh, yeah? With what?" I pipe up.

"Grass mostly." He answers, opening up a panel in the bathroom, revealing a hiding spot, "sometimes Oxycontin, sometimes illegal aliens."

Kev looks into the hiding spot and raises an eyebrow, "illegal aliens, as in plural?" The guy nods. Kev looks back to us and we shrug.

"Sound good then?" Steve asks.

"I guess so," Kev breaths out, "We'll go grab some stuff for the journey."

"Cool." Steve gives him a thumbs up.

Kev and V go back to there house to grab their stuff and they leave with Steve and the man shortly after.

After that we get back to our lives and later in the evening, Fiona's washing up and Lip's helping me with some Calculus we did the other day since I'm trying to get ahead, so that when more shit goes down in Gallagher house, I won't get behind the rest of the class.

There's a knock on the back door and Lip gets up to open it, "hey."

"Hi, Hey Fiona." Tony says.

Lip comes back and sits next to me at the counter again, and we start working again.

"Hey Tony," She smiles tiredly.

"Lip, Emma." Tony says, and we both stop to look at him. He gives us a look, basically telling us to go away, and I roll my eyes at him.