• Chapter 30 • Visitation •

"Fiona," I grab the phone, grinning and quickly sitting down when I see her

"Hey, you," she smiles softly, "how are you doing in here?"

"It's not that bad," I shrug, trying to ease her worries, "food's shit, but I have my own bed for the first time in a few years."

"Heh," she chuckles slightly.

"I assume Monica didn't take Liam then?" I ask hopefully.

A grin comes onto her face and she nods, "oh, and they did a DNA test to prove he wasn't Frank's but guess what? He is."

"No way," I gasp.

"Mhm," she nods, "we were shocked too, Nana Gallagher had an affair.  He got a throwback gene or some shit.  There's something else, though."

"What is it?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"Lip and Ian also got DNA tests, wanted to see if they were Frank's, so therefore," she gestures to me.

"Me as well, 'cause Ian and I are twins," I finish.

"Exactly," she nods.

"So?" I raise an eyebrow.

Fiona hesitates then exhales heavily, "turns out... Ian and you... you aren't Frank's."

I blink a few times, trying to process what she's just told me.

"Your, um, your dad is probably one of Frank's brothers," she continues when I don't reply.

"No," I shake my head.

Fiona looks at me curiously.

"Frank's my dad," I tell her.

Her face turns sympathetic and she nods in understanding, "okay."

I swallow thickly and give her a small, thankful smile.

"Debbie got me go to one of her Mom's Meetings," Fiona changes the topic, "making decorations for class Saint Patrick's day party tonight."

I snicker, "you're kidding. Was she holding a gun to your head?"

"She signed Monica up when she was here, and well..." She shrugs.

"How they doing? The kids, I mean," I question, "with mum gone."

"I think they're feeling less forgiving of her than they have been in the past," Fi explains, "they're doing as well as can be expected."

"So, how was the Mom's meeting?" I ask, wanting to hear more about what I'm missing.

"Terrible," she deadpans, "but I met this mom, name's Jasmine, and she might actually be a decent human being."

"Wow," I raise my eyebrows, "a rare sight."

"Yeah," Fiona chuckles, "we went for drinks in the middle of the day, it was weird.  Then she brought round some clothes her sister was throwing away and we tried them on and-"