• Chapter 16 • Ginger •

Deciding to ditch school for the afternoon, Jonas and I, once again, cause trouble around the Southside, since there isn't much else to do around here

Deciding to ditch school for the afternoon, Jonas and I, once again, cause trouble around the Southside, since there isn't much else to do around here.  But our fun and games are cut short when we bump into Lip, on his way home.

"Lip! Hey," I call out to him, jogging over.

"Oh, hey." He replies, turning around.

"Fuck, Lip, Jesus." My eyes widen upon seeing he's bloodied face, grabbing his head and assessing his wounds, "who'd you piss off?"

"Not me, Ian." He sighs, "apparently Mandy Milkovich told her brothers he messed with her."

"Well that just didn't happen." I scoff.

"Yeah, well I still took a beating for him." Lip huffs.

"I'm gonna kill him." I grumble.

"Ian?" Lip asks in surprise, knowing I could never stay annoyed at Ian for longer than like five minutes.

"No. Mickey." I snap, storming away from him to find the Milkovich brothers, "I'll see you at home."

I ignore Jonas muttering something about 'dealing with it' to my brother and continue making my way to the Milkovich house, or he brothers themselves.

"Emma? Are you are this is a good idea?" Jonas walks quickly alongside me, "This is Mickey Milkovich after all."

"And?" I furrow my eyebrows, "he beat up my brother."

"Yes, but what exactly do you plan on doing?" He asks.

"Repay the favour." I say like it's the most obvious thing in the world, and it kind of is.

"What? You're going to beat up Mickey Milkovich?"

"Yeah, got a problem with that?" I raise an eyebrow at him.

He puts his hands up and shrugs in response.

"Good, now we're stopping at your house on the way." I tell him.

"Okay, but why?" He asks.

"It's on the way and I need a bat." I respond, walking quickly.

"Right, got it." He nods, finally matching my fast pace.

We get to his house and I immediately go and find the bat, briefly greeting a couple of his siblings who are downstairs, then we both leave and make our way to the Milkovich household.

I bang on the door aggressively until it is pulled open.

"Fuck. What?" Mickey yells, "Emma?"

"What's this I hear about you beating up my brother?" I storm into the house and holding up the bat.

"Woah, woah," he backs up, lifting his hands in defence.

"Don't give me the shitty excuse of Ian trying one on Mandy." I scoff, "you know Ian wouldn't do that."