• Chapter 15 • Gas •

After work, and by work I mean dealing or running drugs, Jonas and I decided to hang out

After work, and by work I mean dealing or running drugs, Jonas and I decided to hang out. We messed about around the Southside, scaring little kids, scamming oldies, and pick-pocketing rich pricks. You know, the usual. We then headed back to my house, but Lip and Fiona were out, and Ian should be at work for a little longer so I didn't have to worry about introducing Jonas to everyone, at least tonight.

We walk inside and I see Carl playing with some random toys in the living room, watching TV.

"Hey kid," I speak up.

He turns around and beams at me, "Hi Emma." His smile falters slightly into a quizzical look at the sight of Jonas. He stands up steps up onto the sofa so he is a bit closer to Jonas' height, "are you Emma's boyfriend?" He asks with a deadly serious face, which, if he wasn't nine years old, might have been a little bit intimidating.

I stifle the urge to laugh, not wanting to upset my little brother.

"Uh, no," Jonas replies, smiling slightly, "we're just friends."

"Good." Carl nods, "but if you ever are, you better not be mean to her, otherwise I'll beat you up." He threatens, making my heart swell at his adorableness.

"Got it." Jonas nods, "I promise not to be mean." He then takes Carl's hand and shakes it, making Carl's stern face fall and turn to an excited grin, as he shakes the older boys hand.

"I'll grab us some beers," I tell Jonas, walking into the kitchen, "you guys find something to watch." I walk into the kitchen and get us each a can of beer and carry them back to the living room.

Carl is sat on the floor leaning against the couch, and Jonas is sat on the other side of it, so I toss Jonas his beer and sit behind Carl, my legs draped across Jonas' lap. The film starts to play and I play with Carl's hair, the little of it that there is, with one hand and hold my beer with the other.

About half an hour into the film the door opens and Ian walks in.

"How was wor-" i begin to ask but stop when I see someone behind him, "Mandy?"

"Hey," She waves at me.

"Um, hi." I reply, giving Ian and confused glance.  Him and Mandy have barely ever spoken to each other, as far as I know.  I'm the resident Milkovich associate and none of my siblings really know them them, aside from the fact I was best friends with Mickey. "This is Jonas. Jonas this is Mandy and my brother Ian."

"Nice to meet ya," Ian replies, giving me a lost look in response to my confused one, before turning to Mandy, "you can sit down, I'll get us some beers." Ian then walks off into the kitchen, while Mandy does as he says.

"We've met. Me and Jonas," Mandy reminds me, "the other day when-"

"Right, yeah." I quickly interrupt her in case Ian overhears us, "at school, I remember." I give her a look to remind her that my family don't know about me dealing... again.