• Chapter 11 • You •

My life literally fell apart this week and I still found the time to read. What the fuck is your excuse? Here's what you missed:
"Don't move. You're under arrest."
"She was arrested on suspicion of dealing and the possible production of illegal substances."
"What the fuck Emma? Drugs?"
"No more dealing."
"You don't get to just quit. You think I'm letting my best dealer go?"
"We can't be hurting that pretty face. Guess I'll have to get inventive. Don't worry, it's not like your a virgin."
"Mickey! That whore of your's is here."
"I... I- som-someone..." "Someone did what, Em?" "They rap-" "someone raped you?"
"What happened to you then?"   "Just some lowlife trying to mug me."
"She woke up screaming, she's just freaking out."
"How did you get those bruises?"   "Got in a fight with some kid at school."
"I heard her being sick in the bathroom."
"Jonas. Lovely you meet you Emma."
"Raoul, he's my new boss."
"What is it? Emma..."   "Can you go? I just need to be alone right now."
"What's the strongest you've got here?"
"Emma, what the hell were you thinking?"
"She's been drinking. Like daddy."
"Is Jonas here?"

The first thing I acknowledge when I wake up is the heavy pounding deep inside my head that feels like my brain is being scraped out with a large metal fork, while being repeatedly hit over the head by a spade

The first thing I acknowledge when I wake up is the heavy pounding deep inside my head that feels like my brain is being scraped out with a large metal fork, while being repeatedly hit over the head by a spade. The second thing I notice is the absence of one of my brothers beside me.  I jolt upwards, which was a bad idea with the headache, and groan, light sneaking in through the gap in the blinds, ironically, blinding me.

I look around the room in confusion.  Where am I?  How did I get here?

An older boy walks in, pulling a shirt over his head and stops to look at me. "Oh, you're awake." He observes.

"Yeah..." I trail off, "where am I?"

"Jesus, how drunk were you?" He raises an eyebrow, making me blush in embarrassment, "I'm Kade, Jonas' brother. You turned up early hours this morning."

"Oh shit, I'm so sorry." I widen my eyes, suddenly starting to remember last night.

"It's cool," He awkwardly says, "Joe left you an aspirin." He loosely gestures to the pill and glass of water on the bedside table.

"Thanks," I smile slightly.

"I'll tell him you're up." He says, before starting to turn around.

"I'm Emma, by the way," I awkwardly introduce myself.

"Nice to meet you," he gives me an amused smirk before walking out the room.

When he's gone, I grab the aspirin and and swallow it with the help of the water, eventually chugging down the whole glass. I grab my jeans from the end of the bed as I stand up, swaying slightly. I carefully put them on, sat on the bed, so I don't have to worry about balancing. Once I've got them on, I quickly make up the bed whilst I wait for Jonas. I sit there head in hands, hunched over.