• Chapter 10 • Whiskey •

After an hour or so of working the corner, Raoul got Jonas to go collect some drugs from the outskirts of the Northside

After an hour or so of working the corner, Raoul got Jonas to go collect some drugs from the outskirts of the Northside. He wasn't too long and once he was back he was done for day, he went and bought a pregnancy test. I had told him to meet me at the Alibi before he left and thats how I found myself sat impatiently at the bar, tapping on my glass of soda in front of me.

"What's up, kiddo?" Kev asks, walking over to my end of the bar, drying off a pint glass.

"Nothing, just waiting for someone." I tell him.

"Who?" He questions.

"Just a buddy," I answer not in the mood for a chat. I love Kev but I just need to be on my own at the moment.

"Okay, let me know if you need anything." He smiles, seeming to notice my lack of effort in the conversation.

I nod and send a small smile back at him to reassure him that I am okay. I drum my fingers on the surface of the bar and my knee bounces in anticipation.

Finally Jonas walks through the door, "sorry, got held up at home."

"It's fine," I brush him off, before lowering my voice, "do you have it?"

He nods, reaching into his jacket and showing me the plastic shopping bag.

"Thank you," I breath out.

He subtly hands it to me under the bar and I shove it in my into my own and quickly hand him a ten dollar bill before briskly walking into the bathroom and into a stall, locking it behind me.

I open the box, and pull out the test.  Sitting down after pulling my jeans and underwear down, I piss on the stick and wait.  The test came with a little lid to put over the bit you piss on so I put it on and shove the test in my pocket.  I leave the cubical, chuck the box in the bin and wash my hands.

I walk out of the bathroom and back over to the bar, sitting down next to Jonas.

"So?" He prompts me.

"I've got to wait a couple minutes." I nervously start bouncing my knee again, pulling the test out of my pocket every five seconds to check it

"Hey," he places a hand on my knee reassuringly, to try and stop it moving, "it'll be okay."

I nod to him, trying, and failing, to smile. Eventually a thin line has appeared in each box and my heart drops. I'm pregnant. Pregnant. With Raoul's kid.

 With Raoul's kid