• Chapter 18 • Casey •

"So we're just gonna wait out here?" Ian asks, hands shoved in his pockets

"He's a chain-smoking pothead in a stress-inducing situation." I say to Ian, "he'll be out soon."

"What are we supposed to say?" He questions, nervously.

"I don't know, just play it cool." Lip shrugs carelessly.

"Play what cool?" Ian asks.

"Things people play cool. Jesus Ian." Lip rolls his eyes.

A phone starts ringing and Lip pulls it out of his pocket.

"You got your own cell?" I ask with a raised eyebrow.

"No, some kid left it in the cafeteria." He tells us making Ian, Jonas and I chuckle, as Lip answers the phone and begins talking to Karen about the water heater we are attempting to score, asking if she wants to meet up after.

"Still can't believe he's boning Karen Jackson." I shake my head with a scoff.

"She's an interesting one." Jonas hums in agreement, "she's got this whole innocent thing going but Jesus she gets around."

I turn to him with a raised eyebrow, "she been around to you?"

"Why? You jealous?" Jonas teases.

"God, get a room you too." Ian groans.

"Oh, shut up," I shove Ian and we begin play-fighting, which is the sight Lip comes back around the corner to.

Not long after, the man comes back outside for a smoke and we manage to get the old lady's water heater. We find a stolen shopping trolley nearby, loading it into it and beginning the trek come. Steve's car pulls up beside us, Fiona getting our attention as she calls out the open window.

"Hey, hey!" She yells.

"Hey Fi," I reply, before gesturing to the water heater with a grin, "almost new."

"Debbie stole a baby, we have to figure out how to return it." Fiona immediately says, ignoring the water heater success. I suppose there are more pressing issues.

"Debbie stole a baby?" Lip repeats in disbelief.

"Yeah," Steve speaks up.

"Why?" Ian asks furrowing his eyebrows.

"It's Debbie." Fiona huffs, rolling her eyes slightly.

"I did not see that coming. Um... can't we just give it back?" I point out.

"I wish we could. It's too late now." Steve responds.

"Wow." Lip raises his eyebrows.

"Find Carl and get home now." Fiona orders.

"Yeah," we chorus, nodding at our stressed older sister.

"Yeah, your family is definitely more fucked than mine," Jonas announces, reminding us all that he's here.