0. D- DAY

I breathe once more watching my reflection in the mirror.

I have only been back in London for two days when I received the call back for the role and only yesterday I signed the contract to play Mary Austin.

A chill runs through my body, Mary fucking Austin.

I've been a fan of Queen - like everyone else, since I was very young and my fascination with Freddie and Mary's relationship only grew with time. When I thought about it I found myself thinking of the beauty of it - finding a relationship like that, full of love and deep respect only happens once every century. So when my agent mentioned the audition for Mary's part for Freddie's biopic I didn't hesitate!

... Okay, maybe I didn't think it very well. It had been a really busy year for me if we talked about work, just a week ago I finished the re-shottings for Murder on the Orient Express. Just filmed with actors like Penelope Cruz, Daisy Ridley, and Johnny Depp and that was c r a z y ! I had been acting for almost a decade but that kind of thing still makes my head spin! I've been a long time in acting but I am not the type actress that people call "well recognized" so I could still go for a walk on the street without being follow by paps... So that was fine.

But somehow I felt that this film would change everything. Not only was a great production but it was the celebration of the life of one of the greatest legends in the world: Freddie Mercury. And not only that, on the set there would be living legends like Brian May and Roger Taylor. Woah, I take a big breath thinking about it. I had only signed for the role a day ago! I heard that the main actor had been preparing for the role for almost a year and here I was, just one day after knowing that I would play Mary trying to keep calm so I would not screw everything.

I walked through my apartment, in which I had not been for almost a month, taking my purse and my phone by calling my Uber. Brian May - Brian fucking  May  agreed to meet with me to talk about Mary Austin today, how unreal that was! Of course I had done my homework about Mary for the audition but I wanted to go into all the personal details and Brian who I had met during the casting process and who still made my wig fall with his sweet yet funny personality, was the only one who could give me those details about her and her relationship with Freddie.

I feel my heart pounding as the car enters the Royal Air Force Bovingdon because suddenly I feel this great responsibility on my shoulders. I feel little prepared and the magnitude of this project was huge, which I confirm just as soon as I steeped up the Uber. I walked towards one of the airstrips that has been turned into an almost exact replica of the Live Aid at Wembley Stadium

- Wow - I mumbled as my agent approached

- Crazy, right? - greets me with a little hug and give me a look of "I know you're freaking out but you must calm down". Brenda had been a land pole for the last 24 hours and thanks to her support I had achieved this role so I would be forever grateful for that.

All I can do is nod my head in wonder. The rehearsals for the first scene of the film, the Live Aid had started today. My first call is in a few weeks but Brian May proposed to see us today during rehearsals to talk about my role and that was an absolute hell yes! from me

The first notes of Hammer to Fall start to sound while my agent leads me through the crowd that seems for some reason fascinated with something or someone.

- Mr. May is somewhere near the stage - Brenda tells me while I follow her 

All this feels unreal, the set, the cameras, the crew and although I've been surrounded by film productions since I was 12 a suddenly feel that this will be a unique experience invades me, because I know this will be a life changer, I mean we are celebrating the life of a legend 

My eyes wander all over the place with a sense of alienation and suddenly I see him. Above the stage. He is not wearing more than a jean and white shirt but his movements are precise, his body moves in such a way... so ... Freddie that is incredible. A warm feeling runs through the center of my chest, that man is hypnotizing.

 A warm feeling runs through the center of my chest, that man is hypnotizing

- Miss Boynton?