Chapter 4:three innocent lives........lost

"Maybe I should stop by the side of the road to see if any of these cars have gas or supplies." i say to my twin sisters holly and jessie as I get out the car and walk to the nearest car.

Six cars later....

I'm on my way towards the seventh car when all of a sudden i hear a noise.

"Help,they're after us!"after i heard that,i see the twins running with their guns and my bow and arrow towards me.

"What are you guys doing?"i asked them as they caught up with me.

"We need to go help those people before they die"holly said as she handed me my bow and arrow.

"But what if they are already bitten?"

"So come on please there's a chance that their not and that will have more survivors"jessie said as she gave me her puppy eyes

"But-"i started to say but was cut off by a loud scream

"AHHHHH HELP!!!!"

"Ok let's help them" i say as we run to the screaming.when we get there we see two men and to females running from 5 pombies.

"Ok jessie and holly you know the deal,make this quick and save your rounds." i say as i shoot the closet pombie to the group

"Come on guys, if yall want to live yall gotta come on." i yell to the survivors.

Minutes later we shoot all the pombies and the group is by the car.

"Was any of yall bitten?"i ask as i look at them

"No but my brother was scratched."says the blonde haired girl who looked to be in her 20s

"How far ago was that because we have to put him down before he turns"

"He was just scratched not too long ago"says the other man

"No we are not killing my brother"screamed the blonde girl

"Candice shut up we have no choice."yelled the guy towards the girl that i found out was named candice.

"Fuck you axel,you have your sister safe and sound thanks to us risking our lives and now the way you want to thank us is by killing tommy?"

"Hey guys keep it down,you might attract more of those things to where we are"i say."whatever."candice says as she walks away

" well before we leave we need to check these cars for supplies and gas,do you think you guys can help?"i asked the group

"Sure no problem"says axel

"No someone needs to stay with tommy"says candice

"My twin sisters can watch him while we go and check around"i say as i look at the twins in the back as they nod at me

"No way,i don't know them plus he's my brother so they can go and i can stay."

"Ugh fine come on guys let's go find supplies"i say to my sisters

"Here take this to protect you two,if you see anything alarm us and handle it quickly so that we can leave."i say as i hand candice an axe.

Eight cars later....

On my way to my ninth car I hear a scream,noticing it as one of the twins I run to see holly with a big bit wound in her arm and a zombie dead at her feet.

"Oh my god what happened?"

" i was looking into a car when all of a sudden one of those things came behind me and before i could shoot it,it bit me.what are we gonna do?"

"I don't know-" suddenly i hear a scream coming from the car i look to see a pombie at the door.I see candice get out the car and get corned by a zombie coming in on her.As soon as she sees my sister she moves past the pombie and pushes my sister towards the pombie.At that moment everything happened so quickly.my sister jessie got bit and as the infected thing went in to take another chunk out of my sister i shot a arrow through its head.suddenly i see more of the infected coming out of the woods.

"EVERYONE IN THE CAR NOW! Get holly and jessie and get them in the car" i say as we all hop into the car and i drive off away from the swarm of infected coming.

A hour later.

After what seemed like hours i found a safe spot.i looked at my sisters who were already getting the sweats from the virus coursing through their bodies to their brain.

"Everyone whos infected out of the car" i say as i grab my revolver and exited the car

As soon as i got out candice ran towards me

"What are you going to do to them?"

"I'm going to show them mercy before they turn because i can't see my sisters like that,then i am going to do the same to your brother."

"What you can't do that,he can still get cured"

"And my 13 year old sisters can't?either you do it or i'll do it"

"Candace she has a point don't argue with her,we both know that there's no cure and that im gonna turn."

"But-"candace goes to talk but tommy stops her

"Its ok,im going to a better place" he says as he puts the axe into her hand."you know what you must do,so do it" he says as he closes his eyes waiting for the blow.

"I can't" she yells as she falls to the ground crying next to him.

Tommy opens his eyes looks at me and axel and asks " can i have the revolver from you please" I need as i hand him it.he looks at us once more and then turns to his sister and says "i love you sis,you have always been good to me,now it's time for me to go."he gives her a weak hug and then he puts the gun to the side of his head and he..pulls..the..trigger..

"NOOOOOO TOMMY!!!!!!!!"she yells as she holds his body in her arms

I look to my two sisters who i knew were next. "Its ok hunt,were not scared,well get to see mom and dad up there" jessie says as shes crying

"I know, i love you guys soooo much and i'm sorry that i failed to protect you"i say as i fall to my knees

"You did the best you could.it's been five years since the epidemic started and you have not only kept us safe and fed but you also taught us how to accept what's happening and to deal with it one step at a time and that when the time comes,to open death with open arms."says holly as she holds my head up so that i'm looking at her.

"I'll miss you and love you always"i say as i hug them

After we released our hug jessie and holly looked at each other and took the rings off of their fingers and gave them to me.

"What are you guys doing? Why are you giving me your parts of the rings and necklace set mom and dad got us?"

"So that you'll always have us with you."they say in unison.

"Thank you"i sniffle as i kiss their heads.we stand up as i look at them one more time before they take their guns and hold them to each others heads, "i love you" they say to each other as they pull the triggers.I stood their emotionless for a while before i say

" axel can you help me bury them and tommy?"

"Sure with pleasure"he says as he grabs two shovels. We head into the woods to make three dirt coffins for three lives that were taken too quickly.