Chapter 8:We need a new plan

A day later......

I wake up in the backseat next to kennedy. "Hey what time is it?"I asked as I look outside to see the sunshine.

"It's about 7am because the sun is starting to rise."She said while looking outside at the sky.

"Ok guys we need to come up with a plan because at some point were gonna run out of food,gas,ammo;everything."Axel said from the driver's seat

'You're right,let's stop here and think about this."I say

He nods and pulls over to the side of the road.

"Ok so there's a quarantine checkpoint not that far from here so we can go there."Candace says from the passenger side

"Ok and what if it's not there anymore?"kennedy said looking at me for my input.

"Then we can go through the neighborhoods and find somewhere we could protect ourselves."axel said

"Or we could go to my cabin house on the lake,it's pretty sturdy but before we would have to get a couple of things before we go.like gas for the boat,food and ammo."old man joe said as he sat in the trunk cleaning his rifle.

"Ok so we'll do this,well check out the quarantine zone and then go look around for the things old man joe needs,then we'll go to the cabin house on the lake,sounds good?"is say as I look at everyone.

"Agreed"everyone says as axel starts the car up again.

Hours later.....

"Hey guys I think we should find somewhere to camp for tonight and tomorrow we can find gas for the car and the boat because we are getting very low."axel says as he turns onto a residential site.

We look for a while for a safe place until we found a house at the end of the road that looks untouched.

"Hey that one looks fine,let's try it."candance says

"Ok lets go" I say as we get closer.

We pull up into the driveway and me and axel go to lift up the garage door and check the house out.After we did just that we went to get the others.

"Come on guys it's safe."I sa as i put my gun away.

We set up and come up with a plan.

"Ok I'll keep watch first everyone else get some sleep"axel says as he puts bullets into his revolver

"Ok thank you"i say as i lay down,ready to get some much needed sleep.