Chapter 22: sanctuary

We finally get to the house and we feel a weight lifted off our shoulders as we get the boat to the dock. The house I big with blue and green paint all over it.It looks to have three levels and a gate surrounding it.The house looked gorgeous.

"Ok let's unpack all of this and get into the house." Axel says as he grabs three boxes

I follow suit and grab two and we walk towards the door.kennedy goes to unlock the gate and the door and we walk in to see no lights on. "I guess we have no electricity,I'll go try to fix the generator after we unpack."axel says as he puts down the boxes and walks back outside.We follow suit and start unloading the boat.After we're done unloading and unpacking the boxes.

We go find our rooms.the girls pick the one on the farthest right with pink and purple walls and unicorns on the walls and two beds.one with pink covers and the other with purple covers,Kennedy picks the one next to theirs with red and white and purple Rose's across the walls and a queen sized bed with red sheets on it and axel and I pick the master bedroom that has blue and lavender wall and a queen size bed with real satin sheets on it.

The lights suddenly turn on.axel comes up to me from behind and holds me."I got the generator started so we can have electricity and stuff." He says as he kisses my cheek.I lay on the bed and I let sleep overcome me...

Hours later....

Astrid comes to wake me up for dinner.

"Mommy come on it's time to eat." She says as she drags me out of the room and down stairs.

We walk into the kitchen to see axel in a apron,pouring spaghetti sauce on some noodles.

"enjoy guys." He says as he sets the pot on the stove and walks to the table.we all eat in silence as we bask in the warmness of the food.After dinner I get into the shower and I stay under the water for a couple of minutes as I feel the warmth of the water on my body,washing away all the pain and blood and death down the drain. I get out the shower and I move to the closet to look for clothes, I chose a tank top and a pair of shorts.I put my hair into a ponytail and I walk out of the room towards the door to outside.I get outside and I sit on the deck to watch the sun go down.

As i look at the beautiful pinks,oranges and purple hues in the sky along with the white fluffy clouds.

"Hey." Kennedy says as she walks out and sits next to me.

"Hey." I say as I lay my head on my knees

"Listen.I know we never talked about what happened to them or Joe or your sisters but just know I'm here for you and you may be hurting,more than the rest of us maybe, but we're here for you." She says as she hugs me.

"Thanks but for right now I just need to mourn and be alone and have time to process all of this." I say

"I understand,i just wanted you to know that we're here for you,whenever you need us."she says as she Pat's my shoulder and goes back into the house.

I stare at the sun and and think about the journey we have been on just to get where we are today.I down know what's gonna happen from here on out but i do know that I am gonna fight till my last breath for me and my new family...that's a promise....

The End...(Good Ending)