~Chapter 8~

Autumn's POV

Corbyn kept his promise. He visited as often as he could. Every time he visited I could feel our friendship strengthening. He couldn't visit that often but when he did it was always the highlight of my day.

I could do my physio more now and no longer had wheelchair, I could go round on crutches and put little pressure on my leg. I just really hoped that I'd be able to leave before summer finished.

Corbyn wasn't my only visiter I was usually visited everyday by Bella apart from like two weeks when she went to her Grandparents house in France. I was also often visited by Scott sometimes with his girlfriend as well. I was also visited by other people like my dance troop and diving family. Of course I loved it when anyone visited me but I was always more excited for Corbyn's visits.

Today I Corbyn had texted me in advance to say he was coming and for once I wasn't excited. Today I just really wanted to be out of the hospital and with my brother. The hospital had to many memories. Today was the worst day to be stuck in this hospital

"Hey A" I looked up, and saw Scott in the doorway. Although I really hoped Scott would visit, I thought that he wouldn't. Hospitals are worse for him than me but here he was in my door. I could tell he was already crying.

"Hey S" he came in and I was engulfed in a hug. That was rare even in the last two years I had rarely been hugged by my older brother "What's wrong"

"It's so much worse without you here."

"Why don't you stay at Nevada's for a bit?" I asked knowing that Nevada had wanted him to move in for a long time, I also knew that he knew that I hated his girlfriend.

"Ugly will be left alone"  Ugly was our cat,  "Also Nevada would never want me to leave, when you come home in a few weeks"

"So stop complaining then"

"But if you were home, it would be better but without you at home, I just always think of her, I woke up this morning and I thought she had come in to wake me up but then I realised that the house was empty" his eyes were watering making mine now as well.

"I know but -" I was cut off by my phone ringing. It was the number I wanted to see least, but had to answer it. "What do you want, Allan?"

"I would think you'd be happy to hear from your father"

"Sure the father that can't be bothered to care for his kids. Do you even know where I am right now?"

"At home, most likely"

"No..... I'm in hospital, you'd know that of you cared"

"What, so your taking more money out of my bank account."

"Is that all you care about? Gee thanks."

"I send you and Scott money every month, what else do you expect me to do. Use your mother's money anyway"

"Don't mention her, please not today" I stayed trying to keep my confidence. "You never cared for her." I hung up and started sobbing. Scott motioned for me to move up, tears streaming down his face as well. He put his armed round me and we both just sat there crying.

Corbyn's POV

I was so excited too see Autumn today, I hadn't seen her in about three days and I missed her personality and laugh. Our friendship had grown so strong over the last month. The fans had been really supportive about my surgery but they hadn't been nice to neither Tate nor Gabbie and even if Autumn did have the same feelings about me, I didn't want to take her into this world.

I walked into the hospital and saw Nurse Baxter at the desk, she waved at me and nodded saying that I could go through. As I walked into Autumn's room, I saw her on the bed hugging Scott. I saw they were crying and then I remembered. Two years. I turned to leave feeling like I was walking in.

"Corbyn stay" she'd seen me. I turned round hands up.

"I forgot, sorry"

"Sorry? Why should you be sorry?" I was confused.

"Doesn't matter" I looked down

"Do you want to come in?" I looked up and she was staring at me, she was so beautiful with her ginger hair up in a messy bun, red, puffy eyes  and a tear stained face. I walked forward as Scott got off the bed and was trying to wipe away the tears.

"Hey Scott"

"Hey Corbyn".

"Autumn I'll leave now" he turned and said to Autumn.

"No stay, there's no rule between you two being able to be in the same room. Anyway Scott weren't you saying that you didn't want to be alone."

"I'm - okay fine" he shrugged and sat down next to me. There was an awkward silence, which I then decided to break.

"Hey Autumn can we watch stranger things" she looked at me with eyebrows raised, knowing that we'd already watched it through twice.

"You okay with that Scott?" She asked her brother. Was I that kind to my siblings? But then again these two had been through so much together, things that I could never dream of.

"Yep" she reached over and grabbed her laptop from the end of the bed. She logged on and got Netflix up.

We were part way through episode four when her computer died. We all sighed and lent back on the bed.

"What are we gonna do now?" Scott asked breaking the silence.

"I don't know but we could listen to music" I suggested hoping that they'd agree.

"Yeah we could have a little party" Autumn agreed.

"Sure" said Scott, I got the feeling that he just didn't want to be alone.

Autumn grabbed her phone and connected it on her speaker. The fist song that started to play was despecito, when it got to the chorus we all started screaming the lyrics not caring it we were in tune or not.

This carried on for about twenty minutes until Cotten eyed Joe  came on. I looked at Autumn and at the same time we both shouted.

"I love this song" I jumped up and went to a space into the room and started dancing. Autumn got it up and hopped over to me. We started dancing me properly and Autumn hopping on one leg and kicking the other one around. By the time the song had ended we were all in fits of giggles.

"Send me that" I looked up and saw autumn standing near Scott who was on his phone. He must have videoed us dancing. He sent the video to Autumn and then we all sat back down, once again in an awkward silence. Autumn started giggling again causing the rest of us to start as well.

We'd settled into a conversation when Autumn's phone went off, probably the video coming through. She sat back and did some typing before putting her phone back down.

About five minutes later my phone went off and on my home screen was a notification saying that @autumn_df  had tagged me in her story. I logged on and saw the video of us dancing, Autumn in a hoodie and Nike shorts with her knee brace on and the story said ' I'm a better dance than you @corbynbesson' I smiled and decided to share it on my story. I tagged her and said ' you try your best'

I didn't take long before my phone was going off all the time with fans tagging me in posts and stories. I could see Autumn's phone going off now as well. What had I done?