Chapter One

before you start

i know this story is awful i wrote it in my early years of being in the fandom and i didn't think anyone would see it. i can't even fix it because reading back over it makes me cringe so bad. the only reason it's up is because of the comments so if u see any mess ups feel free to call me out and i'll fix them.

also pls don't be unnecessarily mean i will probably cry fr

Eddie

"I'm not getting up!" I groan, covering my face with the blanket. I thought going back for this last year would be easy but staying up until 4AM deep cleaning my room really made getting up this early difficult.

"It's the first day of this semester. So get your ass up and let's go." Bev rolled her eyes. She ripped my blanket off me and I shivered. I don't know where she gets all this attitude from.

"I'm not going." I mumbled, bringing my knees to my chest and covering my face with my pillow to block the light.

"It's the first day of the semester." I mumbled.

"And?" She pulled me by my ankles off the bed. I felt a sharp pain in my leg as I landed hard on the floor. I groaned in pain. What the hell?

"Get ready!" She slammed my door. Damn, who shat in her cereal?

Okay, ow, it does actually hurt though. I used the bed as support as I got back up again. My leg is throbbing. This is the start to this morning I needed. I limped over to the bathroom and leaned on the counter. My hair was even worse than usual and I had dry drool on the corner of my mouth. Cute.

I looked at the time and it was 6:17. I have to leave in ten minutes. I quickly wiped off my drool and combed my hair. I wandered into my closet and realized I have absolutely nothing. As I stare at the empty closet in front of me, trying to make clothes appear, I realize it's useless. So I had time to clean my room but not do my laundry? I ran a hand down my face as I looked over at the overstuffed hamper. I found a decent smelling orange sweater and some baggy blue jeans near the top and had to settle. I slipped on my bag and left.

. . . .

When I got to class, I saw all the seats were taken and the only other seat was by...

Oh no. What the hell?

...Richie Tozier.

Great.

I walked up and sat my stuff down. I sat in my chair and tried to pretend I didn't notice it was him as I dug through my bag for my laptop.

"-dude, tonight's party is gonna be so much fun. I'm gonna get so drunk." I overheard what he was saying and rolled my eyes. And he's a frat boy now? Great. I shook my head slightly out of irritation and because the universe is praying on my downfall, he looked over.

His eyebrows shot up, "Do you have a prob— Eddie?? Dude, I almost didn't recognize you without the shirt shirts and slicked back hair." He smirked.

"Keep your hand to yourself, dickhead." I muttered, leaning away from him.

"Language, Eddie!" He laughed and turned back to his friend or frat brother or whatever.

"Let's just pretend this isn't happening and we don't know each other, thanks."

Hurt flashed over his eyes for a second before he pasted on another smirk. "Why? I know you, you know me, what's wrong? Scared Ill tell everyone that one day you decided we weren't cool anymore and cut me off? I don't care anymore Eds. We're cool." He shrugged.

I scoff. I need to drop this class immediately. I need it for my major though so maybe I could swap it for a different class that gives me the same credit.

"Hello??" He waved his hand in my face. Oh my god, this is going to be a long year.

"What?"

"I asked if you were busy tonight." This is just perfect.

"Oh...no." It just slipped out. Any other rational person would have said yes. But no, not me.

"Good, so be at my place at seven. Here." He handed me a slip of paper right as the class ended. I shoved it in my bag, shaking my head. I went straight home to think over my life choices.

. . . .

"How was your first day?" Bev sung as I opened the door. I rolled my eyes and face planted into the bed. Finally, my bed. I heard Bev chuckle as I closed my eyes. She's laughing but this is the highlight of my day.

Right before sleep took me, I heard ringing. What the hell? I rolled over and looked at my phone screen. Unknown number? I flipped my head back over and closed my eyes. Stupid scammers.

"Are you going to get that?" Bev asked.

"No."

"Oh. Can you at least decline it?" she asked, writing on a post card. I made a mental note to ask her what that's about later.

"Fine." I quickly put it on silent and watched Bev smile in satisfaction I rolled my eyes and went to sleep.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•