Chapter Five

He looked up at me and then down at my lips. I subtly leaned forward and put my hand on his cheek and that was all it took before he planted a hand on my chest and kissed me.

Richie

After Eddie and I kissed, I had been avoiding him.

I had too many thoughts to sort through before seeing him. He brings all my walls down without even trying. Just his smile makes me want to grab him and never let go. It's too much too fast. I don't want to scare him.

Eddie

Richie has been ignoring me ever since we kissed. I have texted and called him and even went over to the frat but he wasn't there. I must have done something wrong. I'm an idiot.

I hugged the Lil Hammie close to my chest as I fought the negative thoughts circling around my mind.

Then all of the sudden my phone buzzed. The name on the screen popped up and I clicked on it.

Richie: hey

Eddie: Hi.

Richie: wyd

Eddie: Nothing, I'm at my place looking for jobs... 😒

Richie: im coming over

Eddie: Okay.

Oh god, he's gonna know I lied. I scrambled to find my computer and hurriedly entered in some random job stuff.

A few minutes later, a heavy weight made the couch sink next to me. I looked over to see Richie sitting there. He had a few green balloons in his hand.

"What are those for?" I wondered aloud. What I should have said was why is he so damn quiet I didn't even hear him come in.

"You. Look, I'm sorry for avoiding you, that was a real douchey thing for me to do and I hope you can forgive me." He said, handing me the balloons. I smiled and took them from him and he chuckled.

"What's that on your shoulder?"

"Oh," his face turned pink, "I bought a guitar. I want to learn to play."

"Maybe you can play me a song one day," I wiggled my eyebrows and grinned.

Richie

We spent the next few hours looking at jobs when all of the sudden Bev walked in.

"What are you doing here?" We both asked.

"Well Richie, I for one, live here." She walked over and placed some foods in the fridge. "Why are you here?" She asked.

"Because I had to come help Eddie look for jobs."

Her head immediately whipped around to look at Eddie. Her eyebrows shot up and she looked at me then Eddie then me then Eddie again.

"Eddie came home looking like a truck ran over his dog a week ago because you were ignoring him, then you come in and save the day when he's okay again? Hell no. You gonna leave him after this time too?" She said, her face twisting into a scowl.

"I-"

"Save it, Tozier. I don't wanna hear it. Eddie deserves better," she said, grabbing her bag. Then she looked over at Eddie. "I'm going out to the coffee shop with some of the old Losers. Wanna come?"

"No thanks Bev."

She shrugged and walked out the door.

"I'm sorry. She is still mad about the time she came home and had to take care of me because I was....upset." he muttered, cheeks tinted pink in embarassment.

"It's okay. Now what jobs do you like?" I changed the subject.

"I like this one about an hour away. I have enough money to move ove-" I shushed him before patting his head.

"You're not getting away that easily." I said, trying to hide the frown on my face.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°