Chapter Twenty Nine

Eddie

After the serious talk, Richie pulled into the Vet and I jumped out of the car and ran inside like a kid running into a candy shop. I was gonna get my little Brinda girl back.

Richie came speeding in behind me like a boys mother who's trying to control their kid in a candy shop.

"Hello we are here to pick up Brinda."

"Yes sir, I will go grab her right now," said the woman behind the counter.

She disappeared behind the counter. Something was off about her. She came back a few minutes later with Brinda's leash in hand and Brinda running around. When Brinda saw us she ran up and I knelt down and pet her as she tackled me with kisses. I giggled and played with her while Richie got her paperwork that has proof she was spayed and the new keychain we can put on her collar for proof.

I thought everything was good until I looked up and watched her pull him towards her by the collar and locking lips with him.

Richie

Eddie leaned down to play with Brinda, who ended up getting slobber over his entire face so I got up and started speaking to the lady.

The lady looked around our age with blonde hair down past her shoulders. She had blue-grey eyes and almost Harry Potter looking glasses. She was probably two or three inches shorter than Ed's and looked very bored. Her name tag said Kayla.

"So she will need this medicine every three to five hours for the best week and make sure she is not around any other animal that can take her stitches out. After two weeks bring her back so we check and take the stitched out then she's good to go. Also," she pulled out a cone," make sure this cone always stays on her head. Any other questions?"

"No, I think we're good. Thank you so much!" I said, trying to leave already.

"I'm sorry..." she trailed off.

"For?"

"This." She then grabbed the collar of my shirt and smashed her lips against mine.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•