Chapter Seven

I noticed his knuckles were bloody like the had punched something multiple times. I put my hand on his knuckle and then I played with his hair for a bit until a little but became a few hours and the heat of the sun made me tired. My eyelids became heavy and I soon drifted off.

Eddie

I woke up to a the bright sun on my face. The light was blinding so I kept my eyes shut. I felt fingers in my hair and I realized I'm laying on something. I put my hand up and smacked something that felt like a face.

"Owwww." I heard a groan. I sat up and saw Richie with a hand on his face. "Good morning to you too." He mumbled.

"Sorry." I whispered sheepishly. I thought back to what happened. Last thing I remember is sitting at my desk. How did I get back down here?

"Richie?"

"Hmm."

"Did we...." I trailed off, not wanting to say it.

"Oh no. You fell out of your window. I caught you and laid you on the ground then we were both asleep. I tied my sleeve around your knuckles." He pointed to my hands. I looked down and saw some sweatshirt sleeves wrapped around them.

I heard some rustling and I looked over towards the sound and saw Richie digging through a basket. That's when I realized were on a picnic blanket. I'm starting to remember what happened yesterday...

I was punching my punching bag and then I couldn't find bandages so I sat at my desk then next thing I know my hand slipped...

He was going to have us do a picnic. And I ruined it. Of course.

"I'm sorry." I said. His head jerked up and he looked at me.

"Ed's, you didn't do anything wrong." He said, crawling over to me. He stood up and helped me up and pulled out two sandwiches from the basket. As I ate my sandwich he started putting everything into his truck. When he came back, he ate his sandwich too.

"Where's your mom?"

"Good question. I have no idea." I said, playing with a flower.

Then all of the sudden both of our phones beeped at the same time.

I clicked on it and so did Richie.

Bev: Be at my house in one hour.

Richie: why?

Bev: Just be there,ok?

Eddie: Ok

Richie: Fine.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•