Chapter Twenty Three

""If you say so." I frowned. "I just miss him."

"Get over him. He's probably not gonna wake up. He won't know about us." He smirked.

Eddie

I felt the room get hot as I slammed down my mug. What the fuck? There is no "we". I stood up and put my coat on and grabbed my phone and wallet.

"I thought we had something going on." He stood up, quickly putting on us stuff to catch up with me.

I rolled my eyes and slammed some money down on the table for the barista. "Don't worry about paying asshole." I said through my teeth.

"I'm sorry Eddie," he jogged up behind me and stopping me outside the cafe. I looked away from him. "Eddie, you get nervous every time I look at you. Tell me this doesn't affect you." He put his hand on my arm and slowly started to slide it down to my hand. I watched silently in disgust before pulling away as he began to intertwine our fingers. I don't like him like that, I just haven't had someone in my bed for months. 

"Like that, don't ya?" He said, shaking off the rejection and putting on a smirk. I watched him come closer and then all of the sudden he smashed his lips into mine while trying to undo my zipper.

I immediately pushed him off and got up.

"Get the fuck off me." I spat.

. . . .

I went over to Derry Mental Hospital and the lady let me go straight in to the visitors area. I saw his back faces to me and I felt comfort wash over me. I hasn't seen him for a month since he used to be a no visitation patient. I slowly walked over and sat down.

"Eds..."

"Rich." I smiled.

"Im sorry." he said, not making eye contact.

"You have nothing to be sorry about," I said.

"I missed you."

"Me too."

"Can I, uh, give you a hug? The nurses said we have to as-" I jumped up and threw my arms around him before he could finish. He immediately wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close.

"Of course," I whispered into his hair.

"Did I miss anything?" I thought back to Davis, should I tell him about it?

"I'm now a personal trainer. To a man named Davis Sawyer. He's really nice." I decided to stop there so I wouldn't stress him out.

"God, how I've missed you."

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•