Chapter Twenty Six

There were horrible loud ugly sobbing noises leaving my lips and my cheeks were drenched.

Next thing I know I was drifting off into deep slumber.

Davis

Shit.

What am I gonna do now? I just said all that stuff to Eddie I can't steal him away from Richie now. I need to make him suffer, if I can't take Eddie from his source of happiness, I'll take his source of happiness from him.

I'm coming Richie. And I'm coming fast.

Richie

After Eddie and Davis left, I decided to pick up the apartment a bit. I took our laundry down, I cleaned the living room, I made the bed, and started the dishes.

I looked out the window above the sink and watched Davis leave, looking pissed. Odd. I finished another dish and saw that Eddie still wasn't coming out. I wiped my hands off then glanced out the window one more time before putting a shirt back on and running out there. But something stopped me. I noticed someone walking in and through the door I could see Eddie tucked away in the back corner with his head down. Something was wrong.

Screw putting a shirt on. I ran down the three flights of stairs and over to the gym. I burst through the doors and saw Eddie looking....weak.

He was in the back corner of the gym tucked away behind some weights. I ran over to him and noticed his steady breathing. He was asleep. His knees were up to his chest in fetal position and his head was down. His arms curled around his legs loosely and his eyelids covered his big beautiful brown eyes. He had tear stains running down his cheeks and his eyelashes were still wet like he had just finished crying and fell asleep.

I took his small body up into my arms. His eyes opened halfway and sleepily and he wrapped his arms around my neck while my arms were on his back and beneath his knees. He cuddled his head close into my shirt and let out a small yawn and fell back asleep. I smiled at how adorable this small boy was.

I took him back up to the apartment and noticed how much he stank of sweat and body odor. I laid him on the couch and started the water for a bath.

After I knew it was warm, I took him into the bathroom and gently woke up. His eyes opened and he rubbed the sleepiness out of them and looked at me.

"Richie?" He asked, barely above a whisper.

"Hey, you're okay now. You can go to sleep after you take a bath because you stink," i chuckled, his face turning red from embarrassment.

"How did I get up here?"

"I carried you."

"And I stink? I am so sorry." He said, not making eye contact.

"Don't worry about it, anything for you Ed's," it almost seemed as if he was gonna flinch at the name but didn't. Weird.

I left him to get in the bath and watched some TV.

. . . .

Two hours later, Eddie was done and had walked out in just dark grey sweatpants. I stood up and walked over to him.

"You okay?" I asked, as he walked into my arms and wrapped his arms around my waist, hugging me. I hugged him back and made circles on his back soothingly.

"Yeah, can we go to bed now?"

"We?"

He blushed, "W-Will you lay with me tonight? I know you usually stay out here for a little bit and I'm usually planning my outfits for the next day and taking inventory of the first aid kit for the fourth time but tonight-"

I cut him off by kissing him on the head, "I would love to."

We laid down in bed, and he got real close to me and I wrapped my arms around him. He laid his head on my chest and after a few minutes I heard him whisper something before falling into deep slumber.

"Thank you, Chee."

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•