Chapter 2 - Night School

Mira's POV
The nightmare I had shook me awake. I opened my eyes, which felt sticky and dry, and got up from the pillow. I checked the time only to see it's 6:00pm and decided to take a bath.

I got straight into filling the bathtub with water and taking my clothes off. Looking at my reflection in the mirror disgusted me but not so much as before. My body is littered with scars and burns.

Once the bathtub was full, I put in the cherry blossom-scented bath salts and waited until they dissolved in the water. I got in soon after and began putting on my strawberry-scented shampoo and conditioner.

After my relaxing bath, I dried myself and wrapped my body in a towel then exited the bathroom. Once I closed the door, I saw a school uniform on my bed along with a note:

This is your school uniform for night school. If you have any issues with the size, let me know. Be downstairs in 5 minutes before the limo gets here. ~Reiji

Looking at the uniform, it looked alright but not to my liking. I decided to change it instead, which didn't take that long.

Here's the dress part of the uniform:

(Imagine the blazer worn over the dress and Mira also wears the bow alice band, tights and same shoes

(Imagine the blazer worn over the dress and Mira also wears the bow alice band, tights and same shoes.)

I looked myself in the mirror and made sure there were no creases. There were none.

I noticed that I spent 2 minutes and only have 3 minutes left to get downstairs. I got Haku in my arms along with my messenger bag filled with my journal, my notebooks, pens, my phone and my headphones, and my stash of candy.

I made it downstairs to find all the brothers by the entrance hall. No sign of the bimbo though. Of course, she'd be the last one to come.
"Aww~ you look so adorable Neko-chan!" cooed Laito before running towards me and hugging me whilst rubbing his cheek against mine. I felt a blush on my cheeks and hugged back with a smile.
"Thank you Laito," I said.
"Oi! Don't touch what belongs to Yours Truly!" I heard Ayato say and he dragged me from Laito's embrace and held me close to himself. This sort of attention felt so foreign for I was never hugged or given attention because Yui had it all. I had the be the 'demon' in the family, even though I never asked for anything and had to find ways on how to take care of myself.

As soon as Ayato let go of me, and 10 minutes have gone, Yui came running downstairs, smelling of strong perfume which heightened my senses and make me cough and scrunch my face in repulsion. The brothers also reacted the same way.
"Why so late?" Reiji asked in annoyance and repulsion of the perfume.
"S-sorry Reiji-san, it won't happen again," Yui said with that fake innocent tone of hers.
"The next time you come downstairs late, there will be a punishment in order for you. This is your last warning," said Reiji.
"Come on let's go! We're going to be late!" Subaru said, before storming out to the limo.