Chapter 10 - Wax Figures

Mira's POV
I went up to my bedroom, looking at the white petals in my hand, and prepared for my bubble bath. I also remembered that Kanato wanted to show me something. I scattered the petals for my bubble bath and removed my clothes before I got in the milky-white water. I felt the tension in my muscles relax after a long night at school and nearly drifted off to sleep until I heard knocking coming from my bedroom door.

Having no idea of what else to do about this, I got out and wrapped myself in a bathrobe and went to go answer the door. Behind the door stood Kanato with Teddy.

"Mira-san, remember when I said I wanted to show you something? Can you come now?"

I replied saying, "I was in the middle of a bath, but I'll be ready in about 5 minutes."

Kanato looked happy the very least, and he didn't retaliate. That's a first, I guess.

I went back to wash up and got a kimono to wear.

After I got dressed I grabbed Haku and left my bedroom, finding Kanato and Teddy down the end of the corridor

"Here, let me teleport us there," said Kanato as he grabbed my arm. In the blink of an eye, we were in some dark green-walled place I've never seen before. What did catch my attention were the wax figures lined up on each side of the hall. They all looked pretty in their own way, but why would Kanato want to show me this?

"As you can see these are wax figures," Kanato said, walking ahead of me.

"I remember seeing wax figures of famous people from history like Fukuzawa and Kobō Daishi, but I believe these wax figures are your doing," I replied. Kanato looked at me with a toothy smile and giggled before he said, "Whenever we come here, even Teddy seems to perk up a little. Isn't that right, Teddy?"

"I must admit, they look beautiful. But I think Teddy surpasses them all," I said.

Kanato turned around to face me and Haku and took a few steps towards me until we were an inch apart by our noses. He then raised his hand to touch my cheek and slowly stroke it, which surprised me. He then let his fingers trace the features of my face and, placing Teddy on a step and using his other hand, pulled me closer by my waist and twirled some strands of my hair around his pale-white fingers. Why is he touching me like this?

"You know, you'd make a very beautiful and gorgeous figure for my collection. A silent corpse like the others," he said while we made eye contact. Collection...figure...corpse...

"Wait, Kanato. Are you telling me that these wax figures...aren't exactly wax figures," I was unsure how to feel at this moment in time.

"That's right. These figures were the previous sacrificial brides. Say, would you like to become one of these figures right here and now? I'd keep you displayed so carefully, I promise."

"If it makes you happy, go ahead. But let me ask you a question. Did I not treat you well enough?" Once I asked this question, Kanato had a look of surprise and suddenly hugged me before saying, "Noooo! Don't say that! You're more than enough for me! I just don't want to think of you dying and leaving me ok?! Don't you see? I want you. I need you! I don't want to let you go!" I felt relieved that he won't turn me into a wax figure, but the fact that he didn't want me to leave him got me thinking. If me being a vampire is true, then I won't die. Which also means that Kanato won't have to worry about me leaving him.

I pulled away from the hug then rubbed Kanato's head and said, "Don't worry, Kanato. I promise to never leave you. Never in a lifetime. That's a promise I never intend to break." I wiped his tears with the sleeve of my kimono and kissed his forehead. I bent down to pick up Teddy, with Haku in one of my arms, and gave him back.

After I did, I was pushed to the wall and Kanato faced me with a hungry look and hurriedly pulled the top of my kimono to expose the upper part of my chest. It was all too fast I didn't realise that Kanato bit into me and began to drink from me with rushed gulps and slurping the excess leaking from the bite. As soon as I got a hold of myself, I saw Kanato pull away and smile at me with a crazed, but dazed, look and all of a sudden...kissed me...

Why is Kanato acting like this?

As to not upset him, I kissed back while raking my fingers in his soft pastel-purple hair.

We pulled away so I could take a breath. After that kiss, the door to the room opened to reveal Ayato who said, "Oi Kanato, Reiji is calling for you."

Ayato came over to where I was and was about to bite me, until he gasped. Confused, I asked what was wrong. He was staring into my eyes, but why is he shocked? He moved a few steps away from me then teleported away. This worried me.

I exited the door and scanned my surroundings. Now, how do I get home?

(A/N: Hey guys! I'm back and getting better. Also thanks so much for the views and votes! Stay tuned for the next chapter!)