Chapter 3 - Sweet Bite

Mira's POV
Once I finished my song, I stood up from the bench and turned around to find Shu awake and having one of his earbuds out of his ears. Must've heard me.
"How was it?" I asked.
"It was beautiful and you have a nice singing voice. What other instruments do you play?" Shu said then asked.
"I also play the violin, and a harpsichord if I'm lucky to find one as they are not commonly played as it's a pretty old instrument."
"Good, because I play violin as well. Laito plays the piano and he asks if I want to do an accompaniment with him for the violin part, but I don't bother."
"I'm glad that you enjoyed my singing and my playing." I bowed my head in thanks and was going to leave, but suddenly, my arm was dragged back by Shu and he pinned me to one of the sofas laid out by the window.
"The scent of your blood is driving me crazy. I'm so thirsty. Give me your blood," Shu said with an audible whisper.

I knew about them being vampires and all so I didn't mind if they drink my blood, as long as they control themselves which is going to be a problem on a full moon.
"Go ahead. Drink," were the three that I said before extending my neck for him.

Shu looked a bit shocked as he thought that I would not allow him to drink and not run away like the other sacrificial brides.
"Why aren't you scared? Are you not aware of how much pain I could give you?" Shu asked.

3rd Person's POV
Mira looked at Shu with solemn eyes with a far away look. Something about Mira interested him and he wants to know what it is. Mira turned her head to the side and began to speak, "I was the demon of the Komoris, the embodiment of evil in their eyes. Never had the childhood that most children have. I had to survive alone, with no one there to help me, no one there to guide me. I lived my life through reading books, listening to music and singing when in hiding from Seiji and Yui. If they saw me reading their books or using their instruments for playing music, even singing, I was immediately given my punishment. Seiji would whip me, cut me, leave me for dead until he's done with me. I had to steal money from others to pay for my needs and it was difficult. Yui, being the spoilt brat she is, tries to take some of my bought stuff and keep it for herself even though her father buys her anything she wants." Mira looked at Shu with tears in her eyes and a sad smile then said, "I know what it's like to feel pain. I grew up living with pain. I understand the pain. I've grown used to the pain. I've even grown to love pain, making me a masochist. Even if you bite me and suck my blood, I'll be fine. I'm not scared."

Shu was speechless after what Mira said. He began to feel this sensation in the pit of his stomach build up. Was it his hunger? Or could it be he feels something for Mira?

He ignored the feeling and began to approach her neck, "I'm so sorry that you had to go through such a thing like that. I won't let anyone harm you ever again, as cheesy as it sounds, and that's a promise," Shu didn't know what made him say that because he never was one to be sentimental, but with Mira...it's different.

He sniffed the scent of her neck until he dug his fangs into her. Mira let out a small squeak and just laid there all calm whilst Shu was drinking from her. The taste of Mira's blood was so intoxicating, he doesn't want to stop. It was the best and of 'the finest quality', which Shu murmured whilst drinking.

The need to sleep fell upon Mira and made her moan in exhaustion. This made Shu stop drinking her sweet blood and look to find her eyes closed and breathing deeply.

Ayato's POV
I got Pancake to make me Takoyaki and boy was it good, though I heard Kanato comment that Melon-chan's sweets were the best. I wonder if she can make Takoyaki better than Pancake's.

I approached Pancake, about to bite her and suck her blood, but she ran to the other side of the room like the prey she is. This made my thirst for her blood increase for I took few steps towards her, scaring her in the process and cornered her before sucking her blood.

For some reason, her blood was unlike any other mortal's blood, but still not sweet enough. When I smelt the scent of Melons' blood, it was the sweetest scent ever.

I drank more to satisfy my thirst, until I got interrupted by *drum roll* Reiji. I swear, he's a complete party pooper for everything!

Mira's POV
I woke up to a white room and felt weak all over. Shu must've drank quite a lot of my blood.

I looked around for my messenger bag and found it by the bed on my left. I fished out some strawberry pocky to snack on and my cranberry juice carton. Once I finished snacking and drinking, I looked for Haku in my bag and got her out. Thankfully, no harm got to her.

Before I could get up from the bed, someone coughed as if to get my attention. I looked to where it came from, to face a man with long blonde hair tied up in a messy ponytail, red eyes like mine, glasses perched on the bridge of his nose, donning a lab coat with a stethoscope around his neck, gloves and formal clothing underneath it.

"Hello, Mira Komori. I hope you are feeling better, after you passed out in the music room," he said with a smile.
"Yes I feel much better. Thank you for your concern," I replied back.
"That's good to hear. Oh yes, my name is Reinhart. I'm the medical warden for this school. If ever you feel unwell or strange, you can consult to me."
"Nice to meet you Reinhart-san, and yes I will take your help into consideration whenever." He seems very polite and kind, but there's something about him that's strange and somewhat familiar, yet I can't put my finger on it. He knows my full name, and probably the other students, but he only told me his first name. I can tell when there's something strange about someone. It's one of my abilities.