Chapter 4 - Roses and Rage

Mira's POV
I left the medical room and went to my next lesson which was Chemistry. As I was only 2 feet close to the classroom door, I felt a presence nearby but ignored it.

Entering the classroom, I found my seat which was next to some random boy who happens to be a vampire. However, what irked me the most was that he won't take his eyes off me. I swear this happens every TIME!!!

Thankfully class has started with no noise, and no staring from the vampire boy.
"Alright, today we will be starting our projects and it can be about anything, but it must be good and acceptable for the Head of Science will be picking one project and whoever made that project will receive a valuable prize. And I mean valuable," said the teacher.

What he said next made me happy, because this project should be done by one person. I already have so many ideas for my project, so this should be a piece of cake! Haha, cake. 😋

After writing notes for my project, the bell rang and I took my time in packing all my stuff, then took Haku in my arms and exited the classroom.

I decided to go to the roof and have my breathe of fresh air there. The surrounding air smelt faintly of cherry blossoms, this afternoon's rain, mint from the mint bushes and...roses? I don't remember seeing any roses around this school. Before I could question myself any further, I felt someone's presence in front of me, to find none other than Subaru. He smells of roses, so it's him. Could he be the one who grew those roses outside the mansion? Likely so.

By how stiff he's looking, the balled fists a quick giveaway, he's in a bad mood. What made it more obvious was the fact that he had a silver knife in hand, oddly familiar to the one I found in a book about weapons that kill vampires in the basement of the church, and was slashing the stems of some of the flowers around us. Someone like him deserves more love and happiness in their life, and he clearly didn't have that happiness he needed as a child. I am a mind reader, but I don't have to team then to know what a person's life is like.

Once he was done slashing away at the flowers, I took clear steps to know that I'm approaching him and that's when he turned around with a frowny face. I remained passive a gave a small smile to tell him that I'm not scared.

"What do you want?!" yelled Subaru.
"Nothing, just having some fresh air," I simply replied back.
"Well then leave, because you're a nuisance here and it - angers me," He clearly didn't mean to say that. What a tsundere! <3
"How am I a nuisance to you when you know that I was here before you and that you won't hurt me?"
"Because I'm a monster! Ok?! A monster!! The more you associate yourself with me, the more I will hurt you!! You have no idea what I've been through, so why try to talk to me?!"

I felt immediate empathy for him because I know what it feels like. I sad-smiled at him and said, "Well, you asked me what I wanted and I gave you an answer." Subaru tch'ed at that.
"Listen, Subaru. You are not a monster, you are not a mistake, if that's what you are thinking, so don't think you are someone who will hurt others because I know you don't and never would. I know what it's like to be called a monster, well, the 'demon' for I was never given the love and happiness, so I had the find it some other way; by trying to be helpful for others. So it should be me who is the monster, not you."

I guess that speech I had made Subaru have a change of heart because the next thing I know, I was in his embrace which was tight but comfortable. I hugged him back, with my arms around his neck.

I felt him sniff my neck, clearly thirsty, but tried to hold back

I felt him sniff my neck, clearly thirsty, but tried to hold back. I pushed his head closer to my neck as a sign that he can drink my blood. It was good that I had my cranberry juice.

3rd Person's POV
Subaru's breath was shaky with hunger and hesitation for he truly didn't want to hurt her. He licked Mira's neck, savouring the sweet taste before digging his fangs into her neck. Subaru held Mira tightly incase she fainted due to blood loss, but also tried to seek some form of comfort from her. Mira got the message and hugged him back with the same amount of pressure he gave. The taste of Mira's blood was so irresistible and addictive he didn't want to stop and pull away.

Mira was so glad that she got rid of Subaru's anger by consoling him, but worried that he will hurt himself again. She didn't want Subaru to fall into depression like she does, and she made a promise that she will protect him and his brothers from falling into the dark pits of despair.

Subaru's POV
Why is this happening to me? I don't deserve this kindness! I don't deserve anything! And yet, Mira somehow was able to mend me back. She's an angel, yet she calls herself a demon. I don't believe she is a demon or a monster, because she deserves better, unlike that girl who is her adoptive sister who acts all snobbish and rude. I feel the need to protect Mira, and I will do it. I will protect her.

(A/N: Aww he's such a tsundere and a sweetheart! Bless him! <3)

Mira's POV
After Subaru had his fill of blood, I went back inside with him and went to the front of the school where the limo is waiting.

I entered and sat in the same spot as last time, then took out my phone and headphones so I can listen to my music. The other brothers came in and Ayato was carrying an unconscious Yui who must've fainted from blood loss, Ayato being the culprit. I smirked inside as she won't be talking anytime soon and that means no mean glares from her. Being stared at is so annoying, when it's someone you despise, but creepy if it's a stranger.

I guess Ayato noticed my staring at Yui because he smirked at me with a winning grin and I just smiled at him before taking out some sweets and handing them over to him as a reward for teaching the bimbo a lesson.

We arrived at the mansion and my first instinct was to help Reiji make dinner. I asked him if I could help during the ride back.

Reiji told me of what the brothers like to eat and luckily for me, I know how to make them.

I got all the ingredients I needed for making dinner, whilst Reiji went to sort out some things. Before I could start, I felt arms wrapped around my waist...