Chapter 11 - Bloody Hunger

Mira's POV
I was able to find my way to my bedroom, since this mansion is huge and I haven't got around much to know most of its rooms. After what happened in that room with Kanato, Ayato just left as if he saw something horrible...
*Flashback*
Ayato came over to where I was and was about to bite me, until he gasped. Confused, I asked what was wrong. He was staring into my eyes, but why is he shocked? He moved a few steps away from me then teleported away. This worried me.
*End of flashback*
Why did he flinch away like that? He's never one to care about what he's up against because of his ego, but not this time.

I went to the bathroom to fix up the bite Kanato made on my chest. As I was looking at myself in the mirror, something didn't look right. They're not supposed to look like that. My eyes are gold...

Was this the reason why Ayato was shocked when facing me? Before I could look any further at the colour and the round pupils that changed for slits in my eyes, they returned back to their red colour. Now that I think about it, this could be the sign of my vampire heritage showing its true form. My true form.

I cleaned the bite mark and went back to changing into my nightwear, this time some pyjamas.

After I got dressed, I decided to get a glass of milk to fill my stomach since I wasn't that hungry

After I got dressed, I decided to get a glass of milk to fill my stomach since I wasn't that hungry. On the way to the kitchen, I didn't expect to see Yui talking with Subaru. So, I hid to hear what they're talking about. As creepy and rude as it sounds to spy on people talking, but Yui could be saying something involving me since she always comes up with lies that gets me into trouble. Even though I never once snitched on her for all the times she bullied me just so it wouldn't stir up a huge problem, which is something I didn't want to happen.
"If you stay, you'll definitely die. So don't linger if you value your life," said Subaru.
"But I - don't have any choice," said Yui while sounding sorrowful when she actually does have a choice. I knew what she was talking about and I can only guess it's about the awakening Richter told me about. Cordelia's imminent arrival.
"Go right now. It's your only chance. Look," Subaru said before pointing to the clouds covering the moon.
"No, I'm staying. I'd rather have Mira leave than me. I'm probably more important than she is," was Yui's response. Just as I thought.
"Why do you despise Mira so much?" asked Subaru, looking quite annoyed at her attitude for talking about me. Which was strange since Subaru is not one to bother himself with other people's problems.
"You want to know why? Because she's an attention-seeker who only cares about stealing the spotlight and taking what's mine! I hate her so much that I wish she didn't exist and was never found in the first place!" came Yui's reply. Yui expected Subaru to sympathise with her by saying that? Not by what's about to happen.

All of a sudden, much to my shock and Yui's, Subaru slapped her face really hard. His expression was of pure anger and frustration. The hit made Yui fall to the ground. Subaru had his fists into tight balls and his entire body was shaking.

As much as it hurt when Yui said those things, I didn't cry. I didn't even think too much about it.

I came out of my hiding spot and made my appearance to the two in front of me.
"If you really hated me so much, then why haven't you made the first move to kill me then?" I asked bluntly to the bimbo. Subaru felt out of place in the moment, but he looked angry and had a hint of a sorrow look in his eyes. I left them both and went to the kitchen for my glass of milk.

It was getting more dark with the clouds covering the silver gleam of the moon, but as I got to the kitchen, I noticed Reiji bent over the counter while sipping from his teacup. Not wanting to disturb him, I went to the fridge for the milk and was about to fill my glass when I felt something stir within me. It felt so unreal and so strong that I felt like I was going to die if I didn't have it. My body was longing for something. But what though?

To distract myself from this new feeling, I drank the milk in big gulps in hopes of diminishing this feeling, and Reiji noticed me struggle with myself because he came over to me and touched my forehead with his gloved hand. Then that hand moved to my neck, checking my pulse. He had a slight expression of shock but it changed back to his neutral face.
"Your vitals don't feel right. Did you eat properly today at school?" Reiji asked me.
I was going to reply with a 'yes', until my throat suddenly felt sore. I tried to talk but my voice came out in stutters. Next thing I know is I'm seeing hallucinations of blood splotches decorating the table and saw what appeared to be a knife until it disappeared. It was a blood-stained knife of my hallucination. Then I saw a figure hunched on its knees holding their stomach. The person had purple hair and was wearing a black dress, from what I could make out from it. Another figure was there and was wearing a white shirt now stained with blood and was holding the same knife I saw on the table. The person had red hair which looked familiar...

A flash of light blinded me for a few seconds and then I somehow ended up at the main entrance where the stairs were. I was behind the red-haired boy in the bloodied white shirt. He turned his head to the side to reveal...Ayato?! I looked at the one on the stairs to see the woman with the purple hair. Taking a closer look at her, she had the same eyes as Ayato and her skin is pale white. She had a stab wound to her stomach and Ayato was the one who stabbed her. I'm guessing she's the triplets' mother, Cordelia. Remembering what Richter told me, he told Ayato, Kanato and Laito that they can do what they want to her.

To kill her.

This was the woman that tried to kill me.