Chapter 6 - Munchy Time

3rd Person's POV
After Laito told me about his mother's disgusting actions towards him and teaching him the false meaning of love, Mira felt immense pain and loss from him and gave him a heart-warming hug. Laito didn't hesitate hugging back and they kept this position for about 15 minutes with Mira rubbing his back and Laito silently crying into her neck and squeezing her waist, at the same time sniffing her scent which helped calm him down. Mira silently whispered to him small comforting words and told him,
"Love is the state you are in when you feel connected, attached and happy with someone. Those who experience this won't hide stuff from each other and will openly share their lives because they want to share it with that person."

Laito felt some truth in her words, unlike his mother's which didn't sound right. He went for biting her neck and sucking her blood, but decided against it. He didn't want Mira to think less of him as he already had been, though those times he didn't care. With Mira, he didn't want to lose her by forcing himself upon her. Also he noticed two pairs of bite marks on her neck and felt that she shouldn't have her blood sucked more than there was today. It shocked him that he felt something that he couldn't explain in words. It was so strange.

After the hug, Laito began to walk passed her but not before giving her a kiss on her cheek. Mira felt warmth from where he kissed her and her cheeks began to turn red and warm. Laito just smiled, instead of smirking, and went back to his room with a clear mind and an unusual sensation in his stomach. Mira rubbed the spot where he kissed her and just smiled at her 4th accomplishment at making someone happy.

Mira's POV
After Laito had shared what he told me, I felt like sharing my memories with him but decided to tell him and the other brothers, except Shu, some other time.

I thought I heard the sound of footsteps but tried to ignore it. The feeling of being watched had been putting me off ever since I arrived to the Sakamaki mansion and it's disturbing and annoying.

Anyways, I just continued reading my book until it was time to start my project.

Ayato's POV
Damn it, where could Melon-chan be? I want her to make takoyaki for me and maybe do some other stuff. It gets soooo boring with having to put up with Pancake not being all that fun. All she does is whine and silently (I hear what she whispers) bitch about Melon-chan. It's mostly just how she's got mine and my brothers' attention, which is true I guess, and how she got to have a lot of fans at school. I wonder if Pancake was and always that jealous and ungrateful. I guess Melons would know. Now where could she be?

I decided I'd go to Melon-chan's room and see if she's in there. I entered inside and saw how overwhelming neat everything is. Man I hope she's not like Reiji when it comes to cleaning, I already had to put up with having him on my ass 24/7 and making sure I clean my room. He's not my mother! Hmph, that purple-haired bitch of a mother is a whore, and I'm glad that we got rid of her. Except, ever since I tasted Pancake's blood, it was so sweet and it tasted so familiar to me. It tasted like...like Cordelia's.

Oh well I must be thinking crazy things, but anyways back to who I'm looking for.

3rd Person's POV
Ayato was teleporting from place to place until he found Mira asleep on the seat she was in when reading her book.

3rd Person's POVAyato was teleporting from place to place until he found Mira asleep on the seat she was in when reading her book

(Imagine Mira sleeping like that.)

She looks so calm and peaceful, Ayato thought. But he was so hungry for some takoyaki so he decided to poke her cheek to wake her up. It was a good thing he did, because she was having one of her nightmares and so wants to come out from it.

As soon as she woke up, she noticed Ayato was the one who poked her and got up with the book in hand. Knowing Ayato through what Reiji said, he mostly approaches someone if he wants something.
"Hey Melon-chan, Ore-sama wants some takoyaki. The ones you made for dinner are so much better than Pancake's, so I want some more."
Mira stretched then yawned before placing the book back and then told Ayato she will make more, but he decided to hold her hand and teleport themselves to the kitchen, considering how hungry he was. She just laughed at his childish act.

Minutes in preparing the takoyaki, Mira was singing a soft and mellow song which sounded like a lullaby, though a sad one. This was the only lullaby she listened and sung to herself all her life, though the first time she heard it was by someone from her past. The past before she was a Komori.

Ayato just watched her make the takoyaki, but the singing was interesting to him. She had such a beautiful singing voice he forgot how soft and quiet her voice is and how nice it sounds. The song somehow hypnotised him, because the moment she was about to add the final takoyaki ball on the plate, Ayato came behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist and leaned his head into her neck. He yearned for the song to be sung to him, but was too arrogant to ask.

He grabbed a piece of takoyaki from the plate and ate it before saying, "Yummy!"
"Glad you like it," said Mira whilst cleaning the utensils used for making the food.
"Oi Melon-chan, where did you learn that song?"
"Why do you ask?"
"Because I want to! Now tell me who taught you that song," came Ayato's impatient reply which sounded like a child asking to be picked up and given a piggyback ride.
"To be honest, I don't know who sang that song. I somehow was able to remember hearing that song before I was taken in by Yui's father and also because I was a baby at that time, I couldn't believe I remembered it. The person who sang it sounded like a male so it could be my biological father or someone of my relation. I just wished I knew who I really was back then."

Ayato silently listened to what she said and thought about what his childhood was like with having a mother who brings men to the house and use them for her entertainment, punishes him for not studying by drowning him in the lake and forbidding him from playing with his brothers. He wanted someone to love him and not treat him like an object for someone's selfish desires. He wanted more.

After Ayato finished eating his share of takoyaki, he fed some to Mira in which she opened her mouth to savour the delicious treat. He was smirking whilst giving it to her and her face was stuffed with takoyaki balls and made her look like a chipmunk. Mira was trying so hard to chew and swallow the takoyaki bit by bit it made Ayato laugh so hard that he was bent over and holding his sides.

 Mira was trying so hard to chew and swallow the takoyaki bit by bit it made Ayato laugh so hard that he was bent over and holding his sides

After she finished munching and swallowed all the takoyaki, she gave a smile at Ayato for making him laugh and feel happy.

??? POV
Only 9 more days until the awakening and soon she will be mine for eternity. No one will stand in my way to stop me...no one.

(A/N: Hey guys! Thank you all so much for all the votes and this book has already reached 5k views! This really made my day and I'm hoping to hear from you guys on what story you would like me to write next. I'll post a voting page at some point whilst I'm updating this book to let you guys know of what anime stories I can write and you guys can suggest who my OC's love interest should be. Stay tuned for the next chapter!)