Chapter 12 - Bloody Thirst

Mira's POV
"Oh man, my shirt is all messed up. And it was my favourite shirt too. It's now covered in your blood, mother," said Ayato with fake sympathy. He licked the blood that stained his hand and smirked at its taste.
"Your blood tastes so very sweet, delicious, the taste is exquisite. I want more. I must have more right now," Ayato's hunger flashed within his now glowing eyes. This frightened Cordelia and she ran up the stairs away from Ayato while clutching onto her stomach. He laughed with malice which conveyed the revenge he wanted for all the things Cordelia did to him and his brothers.

Wanting to know where this was going, I followed Cordelia up the stairs to see her slowly faultering in her steps and colliding with the wall, staining it with her blood and leaving a blood trail. She headed for the music room where Laito is usually playing his piano and Shu sometimes playing his violin.

Cordelia slammed open the doors and in the room revealed Laito playing the piano with a calm expression, ignoring his mother's cries for help. I stayed close to where he was and watched what Cordelia was about to do.
"Laito! Laito!!" she cried out in pain, taking laboured breaths.
"Oh no, what's the matter, mother?" he questioned her with mock sympathy like Ayato, but more controlled.
"It's Ayato! He's cruel. He's torturing me and I am in so much pain!" she said with her body hunched over and trying to stand upright as if she still held power within her when she's actually slowly dying. Hmph! Serves her right for doing such bad things to her children. They didn't deserve it. I knew that Cordelia taught Laito the wrong things about love, manipulating him into doing vulgar activities that were inappropriate for his child mind to absorb. This made me more furious with Cordelia than I already am, so much so that I want to bitch slap her, stab her and send her back to hell! 🤬 But she has her sons to do the job so this should be interesting to witness. 😈
"Wow, really now? Oh well, I had a sneaking suspicion something like this would happen sooner or later," said Laito.
"Laito...I command you to help me!" said Cordelia. It was disgusting to see her depend on her son whom she so shamelessly violated. Well don't expect anything good to come out of this, you whore!

Laito stopped playing as his fingers curled and his face donned a frown. Then tapping sounds resonated the room which scared Cordelia.
"That's Ayato! He's coming for me! He wanted...to finish me off!" she whined and groaned as the tapping sounds kept going at it.
"That isn't Ayato at all, that's only the sound of the wind. Relax mother, I'll keep you safe. I promise," said Laito, though his promise was fake. His eyes spell malice.

The next thing I know is that I'm in a room that held a vanity mirror and table with lots of jewellery and makeup on it. This must be Cordelia's room. Cordelia was leaning against the balcony railing and I kept my distance just enough to see what will happen next. It was then Laito came back from wherever he came from.
"Is Ayato gone now? Have you steered him away from me?" Cordelia asked with a disgusting smile.
"Yup, he's gone," said Laito.
"Thank you so much, I knew that I could depend on you, Laito." Are you sure about that?
"Do you love me more than anyone else?"
"Yes," she said and she lifted her hand to him.
"You never change do you, mother?" Laito moved a little closer until he was a feet away from the woman.
"I love you with all my heart, Laito. I truely mean that," she said. Seriously, do you call manipulating your child and forcing them into vulgar activities as showing you love them?

Laito smirked and then pushed Cordelia off the balcony and I moved to where she landed to find her in the thorny rose bushes.
"Now you are mine, mother. You are mine for eternity," said Laito before leaving the room.

All of a sudden, I felt a certain urge to kill, because of a voice telling me to. It slightly scared me since I've never killed anyone, but this voice kept persisting me to kill the bleeding woman below.

"Kill...kill her...need to kill...drink..."

I blinked and found myself outside, close to where the body of Cordelia is. It started raining, but I didn't feel soaked from the rain. Probably because I'm in a past event away from reality. I heard footsteps and turned around to face Kanato holding a candelabra with purple flames that did not extinguish from the pouring rain. He faced my direction but didn't see me, then went to where Cordelia laid.
"Mother? What's wrong? What happened to you?" he said and then noticed the hole in her chest "Oh, there's a hole in your chest. Come on, wake up, please mother, where did your heart go, mother? Please help me look for it. Come on, you're not dead yet are you, mother?" He didn't look genuinely concerned, so I wonder what Cordelia did to Kanato. Now that I take a closer look at Cordelia, her chest was cut open and it looked like that her heart was missing. Remembering what Richter told me, he said he cut out the heart and put it in someone else, that someone being Yui.
"You're not moving, you're so cold, and you're soaking wet too. I'm worried for you. You must be freezing mother. Ah, stay right there. I think I know how to warm you up!" The next thing that happened is he moved the lit candelabra closer to her body and burned her body. The fire grew larger and emitted a magenta and purple hue on Kanato's face which made him look sinister to the eye, yet still look cute and handsome. "Now, well, doesn't that feel warm, mother? Come on tell me, you're getting warmer arent you?" He began to laugh as the fire rises and the smoke builds up, forming clouds that shielded the silver beam of the moonlight.

All of a sudden, everything around me began to fade and a dark, thick mist surrounded me. I closed my eyes and opened again to find myself back in the kitchen, except I'm on the floor. My head was elevated, so I looked up to see Reiji looking at me. His non-gloved hand rested on my cheek and his gloved hand laid on my shoulder. I slowly got up and turned to face Reiji who stood up with me and judging by the look on his face, he wanted to know what happened to me.
"Are you feeling alright now?" Reiji asked me. I nodded my head since my throat felt tight and making it hard for me to speak. As soon as he turned his back on me to collect the tea tray that laid on the table, I felt a sudden urge to drink something, and I made the mistake of looking at his neck...