always there for you - yoonrosé

Yoongi sat on his desk, typing in his laptop as 90% of his attention was on the audible crying sound coming from next door. It was his neighbour, Park Chaeyoung, an angelic girl who had made his life happier ever since he met her.

It broke his heart and soul, to hear her painful sobs. It was like getting stabbed with a sharp knife over and over again.

He still remembers their first encounter clearly, which was a little awkward but life changing.

Chaeyoung has her friends over especially on Fridays and Saturdays. They were having a party, probably a house warming party since Chaeyoung had just moved in, and the music was loud. At least, loud enough for Yoongi to lay wide awake at 12 am.

He was a little hesitant to go and tell her to turn it down. Why? Because she was freaking beautiful and charming.

But he had to go and tell them to lower the volume for his sanity.

When he finally went and knocked on her door to complain about the noise, he went speechless when he saw her face. He just stared at her, with mouth slightly hanging open.

"Yes?" She asked, bringing back his attention towards the situation.

"Um.. yeah.. uhh.. I was um.. wondering if you uhh.. could turn it down.. a little bit.. please?" He stuttered, trying to avoid eye contact and scratching the back of his neck.

"Chaeyoung, who is it?" A male voice asked from inside the apartment.

"Oh. It's my neighbour, Jungkook. Don't worry." She replied to him.

Yoongi assumed that he must be her boyfriend, and he felt a little guilty of getting flustered by her.

"Yeah.. I'm so sorry you were disturbed. I just have some friends over and we didn't realise how loud we were being. I'll take care next time." She said, turning to Yoongi, with an angelic smile which made him blush even more.

He's not very used to conversing with beautiful women, clearly.

"O-oh. It's okay. I just.. yeah. I'll be going then. Have fun. Good night." He said, quickly. He just wanted to get out of there before she notices him blushing because her.

Chaeyoung giggled, and Yoongi swore it must be the most adorable thing he has heard in his life.

"Good night. Let me know if you need anything else." She said.

"O-oh? Yeah... You too I guess..." He replied, a little taken aback by her statement.

"Chaeyoung baby come inside already!" Yoongi heard the same voice calling her.

"You should be going. Your boyfriend is getting needy." Yoongi said, jokingly, causing her to laugh.

A win for him.

"He does that. It's okay. I'll be careful about the noise. Good night again." She said, closing the door, leaving Yoongi in the hallway alone.

Yoongi let out a breath that he realised he was holding in for a long time. He was lucky that Chaeyoung couldn't see his flushed cheeks. How can someone be so beautiful that it's captivating?

He slowly returned to his room and plopped on the bed, thinking of their short conversation about a hundred times before finally falling asleep.

That was their first meeting.

They have met multiple times in the hallway and have exchanged small conversations. Chaeyoung had even invited him over for her birthday which he attended.

Slowly, after many meetings and hang outs, they became very close. It was a shocker for Yoongi that he felt so comfortable around her. It was like she understands him even when he's unable to explain himself. And he couldn't be more happier.