always - rosékook

sequel to "I knew you were trouble"

"Kookie, catch me!!" Chaeyoung ran fast in front of Jungkook, laughing like the little sunshine she is.

"Slow down! You'll fall!" He called after her, running behind to catch up. But she didn't listen. She ran and ran laughing loudly with her glowing face. Suddenly, she tripped and fell.

Jungkook paused and saw her hit the ground with wide eyes.

"Chae!" He yelled and ran faster towards her. She was sitting on the ground, clutching her ankle, eyes filled with reflex tears.

"Are you okay?!" He asked frantically, kneeling down besides her and examining her ankle.

"I think I got a sprain." She said, voice breaking due to the pain.

"Hold on..." He said, and stood up, picking her up in his arms. "Let's go back."

Chaeyoung clinged onto him like a baby as he carried her to the car and put her in the passenger seat, getting inside himself after that.

"I told you to slow down." He said, putting on his seatbelt. "Let's get you to my place to treat that." Chaeyoung weakly nodded, trying hard not or cry because of the immense pain in her ankle. He started the engine and sped off to his apartment. When they reached, he parked the car and got out, going towards the passengers side and taking her out, again carrying her in his arms.

When he finally got into his apartment, he set her down on the couch and rushed to get first aid. Chaeyoung sat patiently as she waited for him to arrive, pain increasing steadily.

He appeared after a few seconds with a transparent box, and knelt in front of her. He pulled out a pain relief spray and a protective bandage to dress her ankle. Chaeyoung nervously sat still for him as he did the necessary work. Both of them didn't exchange any words. She was scared because he absolutely hates when she gets hurt, and she didn't want him to be mad at her.

But Jungkook wasn't mad.

After putting on the protective bandage he looked up at her worriedly and saw the nervousness in her eyes. Her beautiful brown eyes– his favourite part of her.

"Does it hurt too much?" He asked, not sounding a bit mad which relaxed her a little bit.

"Not too much." She answered.

Jungkook nodded. "You should always listen to me. If you don't, then you'll get hurt." He said.

"Okay..." She replied, biting her lower lip in guilt. "I won't fall anymore. Promise."

Jungkook smiled and got up to sit besides her on the couch.

"Even if you do, I'll always be there to catch you." He said.

Chaeyoung finally smiled and slithered into his arms, hugging him delicately.

"I know."

>

"How did you know where I was?" She asked once he tucked her into the bed.

"I followed you both once you told me where you were going. I knew it's not a good place and I couldn't sit peacefully knowing you're there."

"Jungkook... I'm so-"

"Just sleep now. We'll talk tomorrow."

>

Chaeyoung fluttered her eyes open due to the bright sunlight seeping through the white curtains of Jungkook's room. Her eyes felt heavy, head even heavier. She tried to sit up, groaning in the process because she was having the biggest hangover of her life. When she finally adjusted her eyes to the room, she saw Jungkook sitting on the chair besides her, sleeping rather uncomfortably.