dogs and fish - jinrosé

It was a bright sunny Friday. The sky was clear turquoise and the park was green and fresh in the morning, with the dewdrops hanging onto the grass and leaves. People were crowding in slowly by every minute. Some were exercising, some were spending time with their loved ones while feeding the ducks near the pond while some were walking their dogs.

And Seokjin was the part of the dog crowd. He loved his pet the most in the world, no surprise in that since every pet owner silently agrees that their pet is the most precious, priceless, cutest little beings in the whole world– whether it be a cat, a dog or even a mere fish. And Seokjin is no different.

He was happily walking down the pavement, Jjangu skipping excitedly near him tied to his leash. This was his favourite part of the day– actually it was the favourite part of the day for both of them. Seokjin, being the owner of a restaurant which was a rising success day by day, thinks he barely spends any time with his beloved pet. At the pace his schedule moves, he thinks that Jjangu feels left out. Although he has his own caretaker for the time Seokjin isn't available, he loves him too much to completely give his responsibility to the caretaker. Jjangu is his pet, that he adopted. He feels guilty that he's not able take care of him as he used to when he was more free.

So every morning, without fail, he has promised himself and Jjangu that he will take him for a walk so they both can spend time together, without anybody disturbing them. After all, the owner and the pet deserve quality time together.

With headphones on, and Jjangu secured in his hands, he was walking down the park peacefully, away from the hustle of the restaurant and the overwhelming silence of his house.

As the handsome duo were walking and playing with each other, they were forced to pause due to a woman interrupting them by standing in front of them and blocking the way. Seokjin looked up from his dog to the woman, headphones still on with the music blasting.

And all he could think was how beautiful she was.

Her face was cute and fair, glowing due to the excitement visible on her expression. Her eyes were chocolate and shining, with gorgeous brown hair tied up in a high ponytail, showing off her long neck. Her figure was so slim and fit, and the simple workout sweats and crop top just accentuated her tiny waist and perfect hips, showing a bit of her abs in the process. Seokjin didn't realize he was ogling at her until she snapped her finger in front of his eyes, snapping him back to reality as he shook his head and took off his headphones to listen to what she was saying.

"I'm sorry?" He asked, feeling stupid for staring at her like that. But in his defence, she was way too gorgeous to exist.

"I asked, can I pet your dog?" She asked again, and Seokjin swears her voice felt like honey to his ears. How can someone sound so good after working out? Is it even possible? Or is he just thinking too much?

"Do I know you?" He asks, before he could even realise the words coming out of his mouth. He mentally slapped himself for saying that, because the woman's expression changed from happiness to something between surprise and confusion. He consoled himself by saying he was just flustered, but still felt guilty. That was so unnecessary.

He kind of felt relieved when the woman smiled again, tilting her head slightly and he swears it was the cutest thing he ever witnessed, Jjangu being an exception.

"No, I guess we don't know each other. I was just having a run here and I saw your dog. And it's the cutest little thing ever." She said the last part to Jjangu who was excitedly wiggling his tail at the young woman. "I just wanted to pet him. I'm sorry if I disturbed you." She said, slightly bowing.

"No!" Seokjin blurted which again took the woman by surprise. He closed his eyes to compose himself before saying anything he regrets again.

"I'm sorry." He said, after calming himself down– by that, meaning mentally scolding himself for behaving like a prick.