holy ground - rosékook

Chaeyoung was always known to be spontaneous. And this was further proved when she agreed to help a lost tourist sightsee around the city of Melbourne in the hot summer time.

When she first saw that guy, he was looking all confused with a face that she can only compare to a baby bunny. She was just there to get her regular dose of caffeine when she heard him speak to the barista in his broken English and strong Korean accent, and instantly knew that this guy was in need of serious help. Judging by his light blue shirt and black jeans, with a backpack and a camera, he looked like a tourist for sure.

"Excuse me, sorry to interrupt but do you need help?" She butted in while he was trying to ask the barista the way to get to the local museum. She spoke in korean and she swears she saw his face lit up relief.

"I just want to know the way to the Melbourne Museum." He answered her quickly, and somewhat apologetically, in Korean as well. "My English isn't good and I'm not able to understand what he's saying."

"Oh is that so?" She looked at the barista for a split second who was looking funnily towards them both. "Do you want me to show you the way? It's not far from here." She asked suddenly, taking him a little bit by surprise.

"Uh if you want to..." He answered after a brief pause.

So she walked out of the coffee shop, him following her nervously. She assumed that he was a shy and introverted person by nature from the way he just answered what she asked him only. The Melbourne Museum wasn't more than a ten minute walk from where they met and she had only managed him to tell her from where he was and what was he in Melbourne for.

He was a practising travel journalist in South Korea and he had gotten a project to write and create a whole documentary about a place he finds interesting. So he took it upon himself and chose the city he always wanted to visit since his childhood. Only he didn't know his lack of speech in the english language will cause him much stress. He bitterly mumbled that last part but she heard him loud and clear, and she bit her lip lightly to suppress her laugh.

"Here we are. The Melbourne Museum."

Chaeyoung turned to him and noticed him staring at the building with interest and awe, which made her smile to herself.

"Do you like it?" She asked further, gaining his attention. He snapped his head towards her and smiled widely, nodding in response.

"It's really pretty." He replied.

Chaeyoung normally doesn't do this, but she soon found herself reaching into her purse and pulling out a tissue and her eyeliner that she had fortunately tucked in that day while leaving the house in a hurry. The boy carefully watched her write a combination of digits with that eyeliner on the piece of tissue.

"Here's my number. If you need any help don't hesitate to call me up." She said, making the boy's eyes go wide in surprise. She would be lying if she didn't surprise herself for a second, because she doesn't go around giving her number to random tourists. But, for some reason, she had a good feeling about this one.

"You're giving me your number?" He asked, pure confusion in his tone.

"Mhm. I can show you around the city if you want. It will help you with your project."

She noticed him contemplating whether he should accept that piece of tissue or not, since he kept his hand hanging midway. She got impatient and grabbed his hand, putting the tissue on it.

"Don't worry. I'm not a psychopathic killer. And I believe you're not one as well." She said. "Besides, I know a lot of beautiful places around here. It's your wish after this. Have a nice time."