i knew you were trouble - yoonrosé

I just thought, how can the devil be pulling you toward someone who looks so much like an angel when he smiles at you?

Park Chaeyoung was a innocent, naive girl who didn't know much about the complications of the world and the people living in it. Not that she cared anyways, always being surrounded by good people since birth. Her parents raised her as if she was a delicate rose, kept her from all the harsh truths of the world.

Her friend group wasn't any different. Surrounded by people she grew up with from the beginning, she didn't understand that sometimes, some people can be selfish.

Jeon Jungkook, her best friend since time, always acted like her protector. He kept her away from all the heartbreak that can possibly happen to her since they started school. He was possessive of her and sometimes it suffocated her, but she doesn't say much about it. She knows he always wants the best for her, and she also knows that the boy is always right about people.

But one time, in a bright summer afternoon, while the two were sitting alongside the river chatting about nonsensical things, he showed up.

That's when, Park Chaeyoung, started to get ruined.

Blonde hair, sharp features, killer smile - he looked exactly like trouble. And she knew it. Sitting on his motorcycle, laughing at something his friends said, it made her heart beat faster than ever. His smile looks angelic, so pure and beautiful.

"Chae, don't fall for someone like that." Jungkook warned her, but for the first time, she felt rebellious.

He caught her staring at him, and she immediately withdrew her gaze from him. But her curiosity got the best of her when she found herself looking back at the direction and finding him still staring at her, with a very annoying but attractive smirk.

She should've known she was messing with the wrong kind.

Days passed, and she was slowly forgetting about the motorcycle guy, when suddenly he showed up at her work place.

No, he wasn't stalking her. He simply was buying a pack of eggs and milk when he saw her behind the cashier's register.

Both of them froze simultaneously when they recognised each other, and it was surprising that they remembered. They only shared an eye contact for three seconds before Jungkook pulled her up and took her home, ranting about guys like him the whole way.

"You..." He mumbled. His voice was deep and it seemed like he had a dialect.

"Um.. is this all you need?" Chaeyoung asked, nervously starting to scan his items before the conversation gets awkward.

She heard him let out a very faint scoff but she didn't look up from the scanner, which was refusing to scan the milk carton.

"Stupid scanner..." She muttered to herself.

"Do you need help with that or...?" He asked, noticing her struggle.

"I-I'm fine. I'll just enter it manually." She answered, getting more nervous with each passing second.

"Okay..." He said, but she felt like he didn't trust her enough.

"Aren't you the one who I saw on the riverside?" He asked after a few seconds, taking her by surprise.

"Uh.. yeah. I'm the one." She answered, feeling like taking a risk because she was always told not to talk to strangers.

"Well, your boyfriend definitely did not look happy to see you staring at me." He replied, acting all cocky like Jungkook predicted.