true colours - jirosé

Chaeyoung was a good girl. She was a high school senior, she didn't drink, do drugs or broke any rules or laws. Her grades were great and she was loved by the school faculty and family.

And most importantly, she was loved by her boyfriend, Jimin– the most popular student of the school. He was smart, and extremely talented. He was the textbook definition of the popular high school jock, over whom everyone swoons.

But being a "good girl" and dating the celebrity of the school came with it's own consequences. Now, Jimin wasn't unfaithful. He was very loyal to Chaeyoung, too much in some people's opinion. And she knew he will never ever hurt her knowingly. But the whole school rolls fake dice, where they show one persona to his face, and another to Chaeyoung when he isn't looking.

"Look at how she's dressed, what a slut!"

"I don't even know what Jimin sees in her, she's not even that pretty."

"Is her father paying Jimin to date her so she gets famous and actually makes some friends and have a social life?"

"OMG you know Jimin would never, he's not a bitch like her."

Chaeyoung fought back the tears threatening to spill from her eyes, as she walked down the hallway where people whispered things about her. They weren't even trying to hide their hatred towards her anymore, and they were extra loud today since Jimin wasn't there with her, holding her hand in the hallway, as he was busy with practice.

As she fastened her pace to get out of the demeaning gaze of her peers, she bumped into someone and felt something very cold down her front. She looked around and realised she had ran into one of the mean girls of the school, and had all her iced americano over her uniform.

"Oh, my god. Don't you see where you're walking, slut? You could've ruined my new shoes!" She screamed.

Chaeyoung noticed that she was dry and had not suffered any clothing damage like her, but she still could not help the words that came out of her mouth.

"I-I'm sorry. I'll pay for your coffee."

"Damn right, you will. That's what you're good at. Paying people to have your way."

Chaeyoung almost snapped. Have her way? None of this was her way. Nothing was happening her way for the past year since Jimin announced he likes her and they started dating. The news spread like wildfire, and many guys and girls' hearts were broken.

But she didn't care. Jimin was very loving and caring, and whenever she was with him, she forgot all her pains and sorrows. He had offered to put a stop to all this multiple times, but Chaeyoung refuses saying that all this will die down soon, and they'll get tired of her soon, and he should just focus on his game and studies and not worry about her too much.

Believe her, whatever was happening with her is the complete opposite of her way. Her way would involve being left alone, not get bullied for liking someone, not get iced americano all over her uniform and then being blamed for it.

"I-I..." She wanted to fight back. She really did.

"What? Cat got your tongue? Or is it too tired by giving head to Jimin so that he stays with your pathetic ass?" The girl retreated and Chaeyoung felt the tears streaming down her cheeks.

She didn't want to give anyone the satisfaction to see her breakdown, so she ran as fast her her trembling legs could carry her. She heard people laugh and whoop, but she didn't care. She just wanted to get out of there. Her legs automatically found her way to the school store room, where she opened the door and shut herself in, finally letting it all out. She sunk down onto the floor, and wrapped her arms around her knees to comfort herself, as she cried and cried until her skirt was soaked up.