mistakes - rosékook

The rain was thundering down upon the thirsty land. She was sitting by the window, her eyes following the rain drops rolling down the glass pane.

It's been two months since she last talked to him. She really thought it was a stupid fight, but he was serious. If things had gone right that day, they would be enjoying this romantic weather together. But it was depressing for her that day. He acted so cowardly, but her heart refused to move on from him. She lived through the memories, replaying the good times. Everything was so perfect. He was the man of her dreams and she was so sure that she was his princess.

She traced her finger along the glass pane as a broken teardrop fell on her knee. She missed him so much. His presence, his warmth, his touch... Everything about him felt like home to her, but she had already lost it.

A few knocks on her front door made her look up from her lap. Who could it be in such a terrible weather at such a late hour?

She got up slowly and made her way towards the door, opening it, only to find a man standing like a ghost in the rain.

She swore she almost shrieked at the sight, if only she didn't recognise those eyes. He stood outside, shaking due to the cold weather, hair and clothes soaking wet as he stared down at her. The eyes which normally shined at her sight were bloody red. He must have been crying.

"Jungkook?" She called his name. His face softened after hearing his own name from her lips. That familiar voice that he craved to hear for the last two months.

"You're soaking wet!" She cried. "You're literally shaking!" And he was. He had ran all the way from his apartment to the house they both were supposed to share.

He didn't respond, because he was ecstatic to hear her voice again, the voice which made his days and nights a thousand times better.

She grabbed his arms and dragged him inside the house, making him sit on the couch. His lack of response worried her. She felt his forehead and found out he had a fever.

"Jungkook you're having a fever!" She said and got up to get all the first aid she needed, but he grabbed her wrist to stop her.

"Jungkook let go! I need to get meds for you right now." She said, surprised that he wasn't understanding the weight of the situation.

"Fuck the meds. I have to talk to you." He breathed out. He was almost out of energy.

"This isn't funny." She warned. "You could get sicker."

"I don't care. If anything, I deserve it." He said, making her go speechless.

He got up from the couch, still holding onto her wrist. She was peering at his limping figure, confused as hell.

"I just, have to talk to you." He said again, not being able to keep his body upright, and falling into her arms.

Luckily, the girl is stronger than she looks. She managed to balance his muscular body and drop him on the couch, sitting down besides him herself in the process.

"Jungkook please! Don't be stubborn! Let me get some medicines for you!" She said, focussing at his pathetic self with worry and concern.

"Just listen to me. Chaeyoung please... This is important." He pleaded.

Chaeyoung's heart did a flip when she heard her name from his lips once again. Oh, how she craved to hear his honey voice calling her.

"What is it?" She asked.

"I'm sorry..." He muttered.

Chaeyoung furrowed her eyebrows and stared him with mouth slightly agape. This was so sudden, and it left her mute.