come back... be here - jirosé

It was a beautiful spring morning. The sky was clear and the roadsides were lavishly decorated with natural cherry blossoms, making a beautiful pink scenery. People were walking along, carrying out their schedules. Some were going to offices, while some were going to the gyms. They were all so busy.

Amidst them walked a brunette, dressed in a black full sleeved and high necked dress, paired together with a couple of black boots and stockings. A beautiful and colourful day, but the woman was dressed in nothing but pitch black. She was carrying a bouquet of white roses, the only light coloured thing in her entire get up.

She walked quietly along the pavement, her head down, eyes on her feet. Her face was expressionless, emotionless. Hair tightly tied in a low ponytail, she slowly was making her way to the cemetery.

She crossed the decorated entrance of the melancholic place where corpses of the loved ones laid under the ground in eternal sleep. Her feet lead themselves on the familiar path towards the grave under a cherry blossom tree that she visits every month without a fail.

Her emotionless gaze fixes on the stone in front of her.

Park Jimin

1995-2018

a son, a fiancé and a brave soul

Seeing those words her eyes instantly filled up with tears. It's been almost a year but it still hurts as much as when she first heard the news from the police.

She kneeled down besides the grave slowly, hands gripping the bouquet of white roses tightly.

"White roses are my favourite. They remind me of you."

His voice echoed in her ears faintly as she digged up the memory of him telling her how much she reminds him of a white rose. So pure, so angelic, so beautiful.

Pressing her lips into a thin line, she placed the bouquet on top of the grave, sinking completely onto the ground, hoping that somehow the earth swallows her so she can see him again and feel him again.

"I'm back honey." She said, forcing a small smile on her face, remembering how he always told her to keep smiling for him. He always hated to see her cry, and their fights generally ended up with him apologising to her for making her cry, no matter who was at fault.

The cherry blossom petals that the tree besides have rained upon decorated the grave, making it look prettier and happier than its supposed to be. For a split second she wanted to brush them off, but discarded the thought right away because Jimin always deserves pretty things. Even a grave.

"I almost couldn't get white roses today. This was the last bouquet they had." She told the gray stone in front of her.

"How are you doing Jimin? Are you happy there?" She asked, bringing her knees up and resting her cheek against them, staring at the grave. 

"I am going to hang out with Taehyung and Jungkook in a few hours. You remember them right? Of course you do. They were- are your best friends."

She placed her hand on top of the hot stone as if holding his hand.

"It's our anniversary today. You know that right? You would've remembered if you were in this world."

"I remember, how we used to wake up together and have brunch. How you would always bring me fresh white roses on this day. You never missed a single year."

Involuntarily, tears started rolling down her face when the kaleidoscope of memories hit her with a force all of a sudden.

"I miss you Jimin. I miss you so much." She said in whispers.

She remembers the day when she saw him off at the airport. He looked so strong and attractive in his white pilot uniform, beaming at her in front of the gate.

"I'll see you soon. I love you honey." He said before entering the airport. Little did she know that those were the last words she'll ever hear from him.

She thought of all the things she could have said to him before he left. She regretted only responding with an I know.

If only she told him that she loved him too. If only she told him that he meant the whole world to her. If only she could recite to him how much he means to her.

That's what her life was now, full of if onlys.

"I wish you could come back Jimin. Just for a moment." She rested her head on her knees and sobbed softly, missing the warmth and comfort of his arms and words.

She remembers clearly, how only a few hours after she saw him off at the airport, she received a call from the police. They informed her how Park Jimin, her fiancé, had passed away in a plane crash and she was expected at the hospital.

She felt like thousands of knives pierced through her heart at once when she heard the name of the love of her life and passed away in the same sentence. Her mind blanked out and it seemed like the world had come to a stop.

When she finally reached the hospital with the help of Jungkook and Taehyung, who played a strong emotional support for her, she saw him lying lifelessly on the hospital bed. Her blood had ran cold and she sunk into the ground, crying shamelessly in front of everyone. That was the day when she lost a part of herself with him.

"I don't want to miss you like this. Come back Jimin. Please, be here." She cried, but got no response.

This was falling in love in the cruellest way. She fell for him, but he was worlds away. Nothing could bring him back to her now, and it broke her completely from the inside.

They were supposed to get married in the spring. They had planned such a beautiful wedding together. Everything was set, but fate decided to play a little game with them.

She sat under the tree, besides the grave, sobbing uncontrollably, with no one to comfort her. After a few minutes, she took a deep breath and tried to collect herself.

"I-I just hope you're happy. You deserve happiness, wherever you are."

From her peripheral, she saw the cemetery guard standing near the gate, looking at her impatiently. Getting the clue, she got up and brushed her dress.

"My time is up for today. I'll come back soon honey. Don't feel lonely. I'll be back again." She said, retreating slowly from the grave, refusing to take her eyes off it.

But she had to, unless she wanted the guard to kick her out forcibly.

She gave the guard an apologetic bow and left the cemetery without looking back, because it just hurt too much.

The street was busier now, with taxi cabs hurrying to pick up and drop off the pedestrians. And she knew none of them were carrying him.

She knows nothing can bring him back to her from where he is. She had accepted this feeling for a few months, but that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt her. This feeling kills her slowly everyday from the inside.

She doesn't know what the future holds now, nor that she cares. Her purpose was gone so she cared less about herself anyways. Maybe she'll learn to love again, who knows, but now even thinking about moving on feels like cheating.

She doesn't want to move on, and she knows it's not healthy. But the fact still remains that no one can take Jimin's place in her heart, even if she's eighty years old and dying.

She would spend her time in their bedroom mostly, crying and hoping that some miracle would see her through and bring him back for just a moment. She hadn't stopped wishing it even though she knows it's impossible. And she has no plans of stopping to wish because.. she has no reason to stop.

"Happy 5th anniversary to us, Park Jimin." She whispered, absentmindedly walking on the busy street, where no one cared about her.

>•<

a/n : I don't know why I do this to myself and you guys. I seriously should stop making myself cry.