you belong with me - rosékook

10 pm on the clock and Park Chaeyoung was on her study table, working on the essay that was due next week. She can finish it in an hour but, being the good girl that she is, she decides to do everything as soon as possible.

People at school think it's weird, but she thinks it's only logical. Why wait till the last moment?

Maybe that's why they call her a nerd.

She doesn't know whether they're trying to offend her or compliment her, since she sees no problems with being a nerd. What's wrong with divulging into a world of books and forget about the world for hours? It helps to distract her from the constant fighting of her parents and lack of friends in school.

She only made one friend in two years of her high school life and that's also due to the fact that she was forced to be in the school band by her parents.

"We can't see you isolate yourself for four years and become a loner."

That was their reason. Chaeyoung remembers the band students staring at her weirdly as if she was an alien the first time she went for practice. They didn't make any moves to speak with her and she had accepted her fate to be a loner there as well.

Except one of them. Kim Taehyung was bold enough to talk to her amidst all the weird stares of her peers.

"You're Park Chaeyoung right? The one who will be the lead singer? Welcome!" He brightly said, pulling a smile out of her.

"Thank you." She politely replied, wondering that there are good people left in school.

Not that she hasn't seen any good people around the school. It's just she hasn't personally talked with any of them.

For instance, her long time crush Jeon Jungkook.

Jeon Jungkook was the captain of the basketball team and a heartthrob of the entire school. A tall, handsome young man who has a heart of gold. He was good at everything and had gained the nickname of "the golden student." Everytime she would see him in the hallway, running his hands through his hair, she would feel the world around her move in slow motion - just like in the movies.

He was the ideal type of almost all the girls (and a few guys) in the school and a few of them were bold enough to even confess to him.

Except he would politely turn them down, reminding them that he already has a girlfriend.

Of course, how can the school heartthrob be single?

Lee Haera, the lead cheerleader and the most gorgeous (not to mention popular) student after Jungkook, is the one who managed to steal his heart.

Chaeyoung knows they're together, yet she can't help but feel attracted towards Jungkook. And it doesn't help that he's her next door neighbor.

Jeon Jungkook, the celebrity of the school was the next door neighbor of Park Chaeyoung, a mere commoner.

That's how it felt like in school. Jungkook would be always surrounded by his "fans" while Chaeyoung would be standing in a dark corner, too scared to even breathe the air near him.

But he always stayed humble, just like she always knew him to be. They were friends when they were little, but drifted apart after they both hit puberty. But the blossoming feelings in Chaeyoung's heart still stayed.

Like now, when she peeks from her bedroom window, she can see him punching his boxing bag shirtless and it makes her heart race faster than the speed of light. His honey tinted skin glistening with sweat and his muscles all flexed up made him look like an actual Greek god, and she could feel her face heat up.