Chapter 1

Christopher Maurice Brown:

"What you mean he dead Chris." Dave asked me, and I sighed.

I shook my head not even bothering to explain. My head dropped in my hands, this ain't even real imma look up and that nigga gone be sleep on the couch.

"Chill our lil man I ain't tryina hurt you or yo brother, how old are you?"

"My name Chris and I ain't lil, I'm 7." I replied

"What he like 3? Y'all ain't got no business out here wassup with that man."

"My mom and dad dropped us off over there 2 years ago and never came back." I spoke lowly, my head had hung low for the first time in 2 years. I didn't want Dave to see me sad or he would have got sad.

"Damn man." The other guy that was with him said

"Heavy is the head that wears the crown." I heard him speak gently. "Stand up straight right now."

I did just that, he looked me in my eyes. I felt what he felt, I seen that he wasn't just a thug but a person who was just doing what he had to do with what life gave him after all the mistakes he made.

"Get your brother go get in that mustang over there." He said and for some reason I trusted him. I did exactly what he said I grabbed Dave's hand and we walked over to the mustang I opened the door.

"Come on Dave." I said I picked him up by his legs helping in before I climbed in. I closed the door, I looked out the window and they all had guns on them. The Jordan's they had on and their chains was what made my heart come to life it all looked nice. I always wanted a pair of Jordan's.

I couldn't hear what they were saying, but in the mist of getting caught up in all the bling they had drawn their weapons and shots started firing I gasped and my eyes had widened as I watched him and the 1 guy he had with him shoot 4 different guys multiple times. They then came rushing toward the car. Once they got in he barely let the car start before he sped off.

"Damn Nipsey!" He yelled at the lighter toned guy.

"I know kurupt man." He replied letting out a sigh of relief.

I just couldn't believe I had saw 4 people die at only 7, I know a lot at 7 though. I was a fast learner I was smart, I knew so much about both the books and the streets it was impressive.

"I know I'm only 11 Chris and you don't think I can handle stuff but I can." Dave plopped next to me. "I see stuff too man, I got the same gun lessons as you, I got my ass beat too, I was street fighting too man so is he dead?"

"Yeah he gone."

"What happened?! Y'all was supposed to protect each other!" He shouted at me, tears that I was fighting had finally came streaming down my cheeks.

"He made me run, he said he loved me and you and Jhene and to protect y'all cause we all we got and that uncle Nipsey and auntie Mila would take care of us, he told me run and don't look back."

"Chris!" He yelled you could hear his voice shaking.

"Shut up! If they would have took both of us you wouldn't have neither one of us! I didn't wanna leave him I heard them shoot him and they looking for me."