Chapter 11: Talking About Our Feelings & Shit

Warning: light light smut, fluff

Word Count: 1.3k

Reader's Point Of View

Michael laid Jeremy down on his bed. He didn't look too good. His skin was increasing becoming more and more pale. 

*Ring* *Ring* *Ring*

Michael and I turn to Jeremy where a light is illuminating from his jacket pocket. I grab it out and look at the caller. "It's his Dad. What do we do?" I said to Michael.

"Here." He gestured for me to hand him the phone, which I did, and he answered the call. "Hi Mr. Heere. Why didn't he answer the phone? Because he- He- He isn't here. He's out on a date with Y/N." I put a facepalm to my face. "I guess he forgot his cellphone. No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. Don't waste the gas, I'll bring it over there. Jeremy? I'm not sure, exactly, and I-" He stuttered.

The phone call dropped.

"So I guess I'm going to Jeremy's. You're gonna have to watch after him by yourself. Will you be okay? I know you've been through a lot tonight too." Michael said to me.

"No, it's fine. Don't worry about me. I can be tough when I need to be." I said, forcing a smile.

"Apparently I 'have some explaining to do' to Mr. Heere."

"What're you gonna tell him?"

"Haven't thought that far ahead yet, but I'm sure I'll figure something out."

Michael and I embraced each other in a hug. "Stay safe. Check in with me every half hour, so I know you're okay." We pulled away from each other. "And don't fuck it up." I said with a little laugh.

"I'll do my best." He quickly gave me another little hug as he picked up a backpack that said 'RIENDS' on the back of it. 

I sat on the bed next to Jeremy's body, me touching his hand in a nice comforting manner.

------------------------------------------------

I had taken a warm wash cloth over his forward, trying to warm him up.  It helped the color return to his skin. 

It had been about 45 minutes since Michael left. 

MICHAEL: Checking in. 

Y/N: Thank you.

It gave me some comfort knowing that Michael was okay.

I was still sitting next to Jeremy rubbing his hand. Some of his hair was covering his face, so I gently caressed it back. 

Jeremy began to stir in the bed, and groan a little bit.

"Jeremy?" I called softly.

It took him a few times but he was finally able to open his eyes fully. 

"Y/N? Oh my god!" He quickly sat up, pulling me into a hug. "Y/N, I'm so so sorry."

I could feel tears falling from his cheeks to my shoulder.

"Jeremy, it's okay. It wasn't you." I said.

He pulled back but kept holding my hands. "None of this would've happened if I had told you sooner. If I had taken better precautions. I'm an idiot." He looked down.

"Hey, hey, hey." I lifted his head. "You are not an idiot. That I can promise you."

He gave me a little smile, despite the tears that had pooled in his eyes and were coming down his cheeks. That's when he noticed the dried blood on the back and side of my shirt and neck.