Chapter 22: Connect To Another Source

Word Count: 1.7k

Jeremy's Point Of View

"You let her leave?!" Michael said in shock.

Jeremy stood in silence.

"Dude, why don't you believe her?" Michael asked.

"Because-" Jeremy started but Michael cut him off.

"If anyone should understand, it would be you. You know what the PTSD from the SQUIP is like."

"Michael, I know, but-"

"I don't get it, man. I-"

"Michael!" Jeremy finally got Michael to stop talking. "I don't want to believe that the SQUIP is still out there, okay?! I can't handle that! This has been going on for too long!"

"Jeremy, I understand, but you need to apologize to Y/N. You weren't being rational and you still aren't. You need to stop this before it spirals." 

"I know. I know. You're right." 

---------------------------------------------------

Reader's Point Of View

"You were right Y/N and he wouldn't believe you. He still doesn't." Derek said. "Shouldn't your word alone have been good enough for him?" He paused. "Apparently it's not."

"Leave me alone." I said.

"You don't mean that. Not really anyway." He came closer and was mere centimeters away from my face. "You can't lie to me, Y/N. I know you. The real you."

"Oh really? And what's the 'real' me like?" I asked.

"The real Y/N,  the Y/N I know... She's cunning, witty, devious, malicious. She's someone who wants me in her life, needs me in her life. Without me, her life is meaningless. But with me, it's everything." Derek continued describing this version of myself I didn't know, but began to long to know. 

The words, "wants me in her life, needs me in her life" kept swimming in my head like a bad ear-worm. 

I could feel my defenses falling. I had to bring them back up. I had to stop this. This wasn't what I wanted. This wasn't true. It was false. It was all fake. Everything he was telling me wasn't right, but all of it felt so enticing.

I brought my fight back up. I wasn't going to give in. Not this time. 

"I don't want you in my life. You're a poison." I said defiantly, bringing myself back to reality.

"Lying is a sin, Y/N. You shouldn't lie so much." He smirked at me.

I gave him a hateful glare. 

"Don't look at me like that." He said. "Look, Y/N. I don't want to hurt you, or Jeremy, for that matter."

"Then what do you want?"

"You." Derek smiled.

"Not happening. I refuse to be 'corrected' again or whatever the fuck you call it."

"I would never do that again to you, Y/N. Now I see you need something more. You need me."

"No. No I- I don't." I stuttered, feeling off guard.

"Oh come on, Y/N. You can't lie to me. I can see the you I love coming through the cracks. All she wants is me in her life. All you want is me in your life. Let me in. Everything can go back to normal. Back to the way it used to be. Just you, Jeremy, Michael playing some video games, having fun. No stress."