Chapter 21: The Problem Has Always Been Me

Word Count: 2k

Reader's Point Of View

"Jeremy!" I gasped as my eyes opened and I woke up. I was in my bed. My sheets were bloody. My shirt was gone and I was only in my bra and pants. I tried to sit up but the pain from my wound was too strong. I reluctantly laid back down.

There was some gauze and a bandage covering up where I had gotten stabbed, but I still felt so weak and there were sharp pains being sent into me from there like every 30 seconds. It was impossible to get comfortable.

How the hell did I get here?

I heard someone coming up the stairs and I immediately began to scramble to get out of the bed to hide. I wasn't gonna let it get me again. Never ever again. 

It was beyond painful, my side rubbing against my bed, only to fall on the hard floor below. I groaned. I was determined to get away. I started to paw my way to the closet, pulling my body with my one arm, the other holding onto my side.

The door swung open.

"Y/N! Y/N! Stop!" Jeremy said grabbing me, making me stop moving. "What're you doing?!" 

"Get away from me!" I cried. I hiccup gasped as tears streamed down my face. I was scared, but also in such intense agony. 

"Y/N. Y/N!" He held me in his bandage wrapped arms. "It's me. It's me."

"No. It's not." I continued to sob. "You just look like him. You're just manipulating me. You want to use me. But I can't take it anymore. I can't do it. I'm falling to pieces."

"The SQUIP's gone, Y/N. No one's manipulating you. It's just me. It's just Jeremy. No one else is in here. I promise." 

I couldn't speak. I just winced as I felt a strong pierce from my side.

Jeremy looked down and noticed that there was blood seeping through the gauze.

"Damn it." He cursed, lifting me up, placing me back on the bed. 

"Y/N. I need you to listen to me, okay? You need to stay still. I need to look at it." Jeremy begged.

My breathing was heavily. I whimpered as he peeled the bandages back, the cool air touching my damaged skin.

"Shit. You reopened your stitches." He said. "I should call Derek."

I got scared. Who's this Derek person?

"Wh- Who? Who's Derek?"

"He's Rich's cousin. He's in med school. He stitched me up and fixed you up too." Jeremy explained.

He pulled out his phone and texted Derek to come over ASAP.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Derek came and went. He quickly stitched me back together and gave me some medication for the pain. 

The meds were rather strong, so I calmed down a lot faster.

Jeremy sat on the side of the bed caressing my hair and holding my arm/hand. He looked down at my tired watery eyes.

"Jeremy. I'm so sorry." I said.

"Why're you sorry, Y/N?" He asked. "You have nothing to apologize for."

"Yes I do. I was too weak. I should've-" I coughed. "I should've fought harder. I should've been stronger. I-"

"Y/N, it's ok-"

"No, it's not. I did terrible things to our friends. To Michael. To you... I let it all happen. I stood there and watched as the SQUIP tortured each one of you. And I can't- I can't-" Tears began to come down my cheeks. "I can't get over it. I don't think I ever will." I paused while Jeremy comforted me. "I was so helpless. I gave in and let my will be taken. I hardly put up a fight at all inside myself. I'm so weak and pathetic."