Chapter 31: A Few Minor Adjustments

Word Count: 735

Michael's Point Of View

We need to get Jeremy out of the way. That's the first thing we need to do to get you with Y/N. We need him out of the picture. Then they're be no competition for you.

Let's make him feel like you did in that bathroom all those months ago.

He needs to understand that pain. That torment you had to endure because of him.

It's all his fault.

Do you understand that?

Yes I do. How do we do that?

I'm going to put, let's call it a love spell, on Y/N. Jeremy will become so jealous and will be all alone with no one.

All he has right now is her, and if we take her away, he'll have nothing.

He already lost you to his selfishness.

What about Rich? Or Vanessa and Oliver?

Trust me Michael. After I'm- I mean- we're done with Jeremy, even they won't be there for him.

—————Rich's House—————

"How's Y/N doin'?" Rich asked Michael.

"She's doing okay. She should be released soon." He said,

"That's great!" Rich said looking at Oliver and Vanessa with a smile and them agreeing.

"What happened to your hand, Michael?" Vanessa asked.

"That's actually what I came here to talk to you about... It was Jeremy."

"I'm sorry, what? What happened?" She asked.

"I guess the SQUIP got under his skin. It said that was in love with Y/N and it must have triggered something in him and he attacked me."

"Oh my god." Oliver said. "I can't believe it."

"I know. I think he needs some time. Especially with everything that's been going on with the SQUIP. I think even it's presence has affected him, since he was the SQUIP's original host, ya know?"

"Yeah, that makes sense." Rich agreed.

"I just hope he doesn't say or do something that'll hurt Y/N. She doesn't deserve any of this. She deserves some normalcy. Even if just for a little bit."

——————The Hospital—————

Jeremy was passed out in a chair by the window of Y/N's hospital room.

She laid peacefully in the bed.

Michael walked over to her, a smile on his face.

She's beautiful, isn't she?

She's wonderful Michael.

And soon... She'll be yours.

The blue once again clouded his vision as he moved his hand onto Y/N's chest plate, placing his palm directly over her heart.

Blue pulsations began to exude from Michael's hand and go into her skin.

Her heart rate monitor's beeping increased as her heart did.

Michael was smiling bright, thinking about the future he could have now with the SQUIP as his ally. He was going to have everything he ever wanted. Everything he deserves.

Reader's Point Of View

Memories of Michael and I began flashing before my eyes. I was seeing him in a new light.

I never noticed how good looking he was before and how sweet he's always been to me.

He's always been there for me. Even more so than Jeremy ever was.

I could see events happening that I had completely forgotten about.

I couldn't believe how blind I had been.

Michael's who I should be with not Jeremy.

Jeremy's so selfish and mean. How could he do that to Michael last year?

Michael's Point Of View

So how exactly does this work?

I've enhanced her memories of you in her mind and falsified a few to speed up the process. I also gave her a negative opinion on Jeremy, highlighting all his flaws and mistakes. Especially what he did to you, gaining you sympathy points from her.

Are you sure this is right? I'm starting to second guess this.

NO. Don't second guess yourself. It's just nerves. You're doing the right thing, I promise.

I'm here to improve your life Michael. I only want to help you get what you desire.

You're right. I don't know why I said that.

Now what?

We wait. When Y/N wakes up, she'll feel the full affects of my adjustments.

You didn't change her though? I don't want her to change. I love her for who she is.

Not at all Michael. All I did was highlight a few things for her.

Okay good.

You need some rest.

Go on that chair.

And by the time you wake up... You'll be with Y/N.

Michael did as instructed and immediately passed out as he sat down.

To be continued...