Chapter 32: Feeling The Full Effects

Word Count: 798

Jeremy's Point Of View

Jeremy woke up to see Michael sleeping in a chair across from him, on the other side of the room. He felt bad for their argument earlier. He should've just let Michael vent it out. He had never yelled at him for what he did. He deserved to be mad and let it out. Jeremy just didn't want to think about it again. He had thought they were past that.

He heard 'Never go to sleep angry' once, so he thought about waking up Michael to talk it out. He was about to tap his shoulder to wake him up, but then he noticed Y/N rustling about in the bed.

"Y/N?" He whispered.

Her eyes softly fluttered open. "Oh, sup Jere." She said.

"You're funny." He laughed and grabbed her hand. "How're you feeling? How's your side?"

"It hurts like a motherfucker." She groaned. "Wait- What happened?"

"You don't remember? What's the last thing you can think of?" He asked.

"I remember kissing Michael and that's it."

"Well after the SQUIP worked it's magic on you or something, he used Michael to stab you. Then Michael deactivated the SQUIP inside of him, by sheer will power- Damn he's strong- Anyways, he overpowered the SQUIP and we rushed you to the hospital. You've been out for the past 2 days or so."

"Oh wow."

Reader's Point Of View

I kept thinking about what it was like to kiss Michael, and how amazing it felt. How right, and perfect it felt. I wanted to feel his lips on mine again.

Jeremy leaned down and kissed me, but it didn't feel right. It felt wrong. So wrong on every level. I didn't want him to kiss me.

He leaned back in but I pushed him away.

"What's wrong?" He asked, half-laughing. "Am I that terrible of a kisser?"

"No, no. That's not it. It's just-"

"It's just... What?"

"I don't think I can do this anymore Jeremy. I think I need to be with someone else." I said looking over at Michael, the oxytocin inside me increasing and my pupils dilating.

"Wait? What?" Jeremy was stunned. "You can't be serious."

"As serious as a SQUIP." I said. "I'm sorry Jeremy. I don't want to hurt you, but I have to. I can't control what my heart feels."

"No. No- This isn't you. This is the SQUIP somehow. He must've done something to you back at the warehouse. It must still be affecting you. This- This isn't you." Jeremy was stammering and stuttering like no tomorrow.

"There's nothing wrong with me. Nothing did anything to me. I've just been thinking about things and I-"

"Y/N, no. You're my girlfriend."

"I was your girlfriend."

Jeremy rushed over to Michael and grabbed him by his sweatshirt collar. "What'd you do to her you sick son of a bitch?!"

"Jeremy! Let him go!" I yelled at him.

"Dude, what're you talking about?!" Michael said.

"I know you're in there! Now let my best friend go! Undo whatever you've done to Y/N! NOW!" Jeremy screamed.

"You're crazy! Get off me!" Michael pushed him away.

"I'm not crazy!"

"It's me, man. It's Michael." He said. "Calm the fuck down."

"I will not calm the fuck down! I know the SQUIP is still active inside you! I know it!"

"Jeremy stop. It's over. The SQUIP's gone. You need to move on."

Jeremy's Point Of View

Maybe Michael was right. Maybe this was all in his head. The SQUIP had been tormenting him and his friends for weeks now. It just be PTSD from that.

"Okay. Okay. Okay." Jeremy said as he began to take very deep breaths.

"I'm sorry. I should- I should go." He said as he left the hospital room quickly, so that Michael and Y/N wouldn't see him crying.

Michael's Point Of View

"What was that?" Michael said to Y/N.

"I don't know. I may have upset him."

"How?"

"I might've just broken up with him."

"You what?"

"I know it sounds crazy Michael, but recently I haven't been able to stop thinking about you. You're constantly on my mind. And I- I just-"

Michael took the leap and kissed her.

He pulled away momentarily to get the all clear from her. She initiated another kiss and another.

I told you, Michael.

If you listen to me, I can give you everything you've ever desired.

I trust you.

Jeremy's Point Of View

Jeremy forgot his jacket in the room, so he walked back. When he got to the doorway he saw Y/N kissing Michael. That was supposed to be him. Not Michael.

How could she do this to him?

He ran out, and as he did Michael looked up to where he had been standing only moments before and smiled.