Chapter 34: You're Not Yourself

Word Count:  1.3k

Reader's Point Of View

My head bobbled up as I woke up. I was tied down in a chair. 

"Michael." I mumbled. "Michael?" I struggled against my restraints. "M-Michael?!"

Jeremy ran up to me and grabbed my shoulders, "Michael's not here. It's okay."

"No. No, it's not okay. I need Michael." I said, desperate.

"No you don't Y/N. You're fine. Just calm down."

"Calm down?! How the fuck can I calm down when I'm being held hostage?!" I yelled.

"It's for your own good." Rich said, as he came into view.

"My own good? What the hell is that supposed to mean?" I said.

"Y/N, Michael- The SQUIP, has done something to you. He's manipulated your emotions or something." Jeremy said.

"No he hasn't. I love Michael. Jeremy, you need to move on. I'm not the one for you." 

"He's telling the truth Y/N. You're not the same. You're obsessive, compulsive... Angry." Rich said.

"No I'm not! I'm the same as I've always been!"

"Really?" Jeremy said, stepping closer. "What if I were to tell you that Michael wouldn't love you back unless you dyed your hair?"

"I'd dye my hair."

"What if he wanted you to rob a bank?"

"I'd rob the bank."

"What if he wanted you to kill someone?" He paused. "Do you love him so much that you would kill one of us for him?"

"Yes. I would."

"Are you hearing yourself?! Y/N, you just said you'd murder us if he wanted you to! That's insane!"

"It's called true love. Something you've obviously never experienced." I retorted. "All we were were rebounds to each other Jeremy, nothing more."

"Get the mountain dew red." He said to Rich.

"Are you sure this'll do anything?" He whispered to Jeremy.

"I don't know but we have to try something." Jeremy replied.

"If you think you truly love him, then drink this." Rich handed me a bottle of mountain dew red.

"Fine." I said as I gulped down the entire bottle to prove my point. "See?"

Jeremy and Rich didn't say anything they just waited, hoping something would happen. 

And it did.

I started to twitch, as if I were a computing glitching. There was a painful ringing in my head and ears.

Everything was clearing up and becoming foggier all at the same time again.

"J-J-J-J-Jeremy?"

"I'm right here Y/N." He grabbed my hand.

"M-m-m-m-make it s-s-st-st-stop. I-I-I don't want t-t-t-to d-d-d-die."

"'DIE?!' Is he killing you?! Y/N, what's he done to you?!"

"I-I-I-I don't know . I-I don't know wh-wh-what-what's happ-pp-pening to m-m-m-me." Tears escaped my eyes.

Then it all stopped. I took a deep breath in. "M-Michael. I'm in love with Michael."