Chapter One: Ordinary, Jay.

Monday December 8th 2016

In the small town of Balderville, was a small Café Bakery. It was the one place where people could go for a smile. The Bakery was called Starlight Bakery and Café. The owner was Rickie Pali. He only had two employee's. Jake, who goes by Jay. And Stephanie.

Jake walked into the Bakery Monday morning, and got his outfit on. Steph walked out from the back, ''Oh hey''

''Hey Stephanie'' Jake smiled. ''Is Rickie back there?''

''He's in a mood'' Steph said ''I wouldn't go back if I we're you.''

'I need to talk to him, I wanna ask him about a promotion' Jay said 'He's only paying us twelve an hour, we need at least sixteen an hour'

''I wouldn't Jay, I really don't think right now is the time to ask for a bigger share of money. Especially from Rickie.''

Jay walked back anyways, and opened the door to Rickie's office. ''Oh, Hello Jay'' Rickie said looking up from his computer 'How was you're weekend?'

'It was good, I saw that new romance movie with Steph' Jay said 'It was pretty good'

'Oh, what movie?' Rickie asked

''La-La Land'' Jay replied 'I really liked it''

''Probably'' Rickie said 'What did you need?'

''Rickie, I've been here years, and.. I need a raise, I can't keep being paid twelve dollars an hour, it's hardly enough to pay rent and eat food''

''A raise?'' Rickie asked

''I need one'' Jay said

''A RAISE! GOD SAKES CHILD! THE BAKERY IS ALREADY SHUTTING DOWN!'' Rickie yelled

Jay stood, stunned. ''Shutting down?'' Jay asked

''Get out of my office'' Rickie said

''No, what do you mean we're shutting down?''

''The bakery close's within a month'' Rickie said, ''I don't have enough to pay the ground keeper eleven hundred for the next four months''

''Wow, A problem Rickie can't handle'' Jay said, walking out to the café. He stopped at the door, seeing his crush, Alexis. She was ordering a milkshake and chocolate cookies.

Jay walked out and got behind the counter. ''There's my favourite girl'' Jay smiled, Lexi smiled back.

'Steph was just telling me how she dragged you along to LA-LA Land' Lexi said

'She did, it was pretty amazing too!'

''Wow, I didn't know you liked romance'' Lexi tested

''I do, Especially fifty shades''

''Oof'' Lexi and Steph both said

''What? Ana is so hot'' Jay laughed getting Lexi's cookies.

''Well, I think Christain is so much better'' Lexi said

''Nah, They should have casted me in that role'' Jay said ''I'd fit perfectly''

'Yea, alright' Lexi laughed, taking her cookies and milkshake ''See ya tomorrow''

Jay watched as Lexi left Starlight Café. ''Stephanie, I love her'' Jay said

''Yes jay, You tell me everyday she come's in, Now what was Rickie screaming at you about?''

''Oh.., Ya. The café is closing'' Jay said

''What, Why?'' Steph asked

''Rickie can't pay the bills, so the bank's taking over''

''I can't loose this job. If I do, my parent's will force me back home to California. I can't leave, I love it here'' Steph said ''We need to do something''

''We cant, Rickie is the owner'' Jay said

''Than we make him quit'' Steph said

Starlight Caféजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें