Chapter Four: The Crash

Jay and Lexi raced to the hospital, faster than wind itself. ''Piper better be ok!'' Lexi said, ''She's my little bug. My other sister Katie died when she was fourteen''

''What was piper doing tonight?'' Jay asked

''Her and her friend Hayley had a dance to go to, I assumed they'd be fine so I told her to go, while I came on this date''

''Does piper live with you?''

''I got custody of her, ya'' Lexi said ''My parents were awful, Katie wasn't so lucky though..'' Lexi sighed, ''I miss her''

'No doubt, I am so sorry'' Jay said, taking her hand and kissing it. She smiled

''I really like you Jake.'' Lexi said

''You know my real name?''

''Yea, I like Jake better than Jay honestly. It suits a handsome person like you'' Lexi smiled

''Ok than Jake it is'' Jake smiled

They got to the hospital and ran inside. ''I'm here for Piper David's, She was in a car crash'' Lexi said

''And who are you?''

''Her sister, and this is my boyfriend, So he's coming to. Where is she'' Lexi said

''She's in room 12'' The nurse said pointing them down the hall. Lexi and Jake ran down, and went into the room.

Piper laid on the bed with a blanket over her, stitches above her eye, a broken nose, Her head was still slightly bloody. She had been crying, Lexi could tell. Her eyes were closed, her IV was in her hand, and a breathing tube for her nose. Lexi looked horrified, Jake held onto her.

''Piper?'' Jake said, Her eyes widened

''Lexi..'' Piper said faintly. ''You came''

'Of course I came, what happened!'' Lexi said going and taking her hand.

''Hayley was driving, and we were singing, we were so excited to dance. I mean, it was the first thing I could do alone since living with you, and something ran out from no where and Hayley crashed into it. We slid and smashed into a tree...'' Piper said with tears forming in her eyes.

''Oh my god. Piper'' Lexi said holding Piper's head to her chest.

''Hayley's dead'' Piper cried

Jake took Lexi's hand, and rubbed Piper's other hand, ''It will be okay. We will get past this''

''We?'' Piper asked

''Piper, This is Jake. My boyfriend'' Lexi smiled 'I didn't want you to meet this way, but I guess this is how it will be.''

''Piper, it's so nice to meet you'' Jake smiled giving her a hug.

'You're hot' She giggled

'Oh Piper shut up' Lexi giggled

The nurse walked into the room with a tray of food, ''Time to eat, and visitors out'' She said

'We just got here' Lexi said 'I am not leaving right now'

'You have to, hospital rules' She said

''Than give Piper to us, and we will take her home'' Jake said ''She's 15 we're aloud to take her''

''You aren't the parents'' She said

'I am the guardian of my sister, and ill do what I please. Move aside hun, Piper we're leaving. Now' Lexi said, helping piper up.

''You cant just do this''

''Watch us'' Lexi said

Piper, Lexi and Jake walked out of the hospital room, Jake helping her walk. On the way out Piper spotted Hayley's mom crying with her dad in a room, Hayley's body was in a bag. Piper walked in, ''I am so sorry'' Piper cried ''I am so, so, so sorry''

Hayley's mom hugged Piper. ''It's not you're fault hun'' She cried. Piper than left.

Jake drove Lexi and Piper home. ''Have a good night ladies'' Jake said

''You can stay if you want'' Piper said ''I mean, if Lexi wants''

''Oh I don't know'' Jake said ''We have work tomorrow''

''I could use a ride tomorrow, come on please'' Lexi smiled ''Stay!''

''Fine'' Jake said pulling into her driveway.

The three got out and inside, It was nice, big and the inside smelled like strawberry's.

''Wow'' Jake said ''This is bigger than my apartment''

''Hahaha'' Piper laughed, going to the kitchen ''I want potatoes''

''Piper hold on, Ill make food in a few'' Lexi said, pulling Jake to her room. She shut the door behind them.

''You're sleeping in here with me'' Lexi said

''The couch is fine'' Jake said

''No, it's not. I want you in here! Okay!'' Lexi smiled kissing his cheek. ''I want pancakes, Let's go make em''

Jake followed Lexi out to the kitchen, He got the pancake batter. Piper sat on a stool, and watched as Jake and Lexi danced to the music playing, while they made pancakes. Everyone laughed, and smiled.

Jake looked down at Lexi, and kissed her lips.

''GROSS!'' Piper shouted, giggling.

Lexi covered Piper's eyes, and kissed Jake again.